Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Jorah was always my favorite, for some reason. Other than that, I don't really like any of the names, because the association is SO strong for me, not to mention they aren't my style. Totally obsessed with that series, though.

Well I'm sat here currently nursing a 9 week old Theon so we love the name. Although we watch the tv programme we chose the name and hadn't truly realised who he was in GOT. Once we'd chosen it we realised he was a bit of a naff character but decided to stick with it as he's not a lead in it and none of our friends watch it. We like Theon as he was a Greek mathematician and DH is a maths teacher and my late father used to be nicknamed Algie up until his thirties as he loved maths and it was short for algebra.

Quote Originally Posted by kosherbacon View Post
    Once we'd chosen it we realised he was a bit of a naff character but decided to stick with it as he's not a lead in it and none of our friends watch it.
    Theon improves with time Though, the second tv series ran a mile from what actually happened in the book... so who knows what they'll do.
    ~Boys~

Jory Leander Atticus, August Eli Benedict, Casimir Mordecai Stewart,
    Edmond John Meirion, Horatio Ethell Emery, Bram William Jasper,
    Julian Remy Charles, Vasiliy Lochlan Michael.

~Girls~

Aira Rose ___, Eleni Fiorella Charlotte, Sylvia Sayuri Noor,
    Merit Eleanora Adelaide, Clover Elodie Seraphine, Bridie Scarlett Viola,
    Marguerite Cecilia Iris, Eilidh Clara Valentine.

Sorry to anyone who read TSI. First draft was terrible. Second drafting now.

Most of the names I like from the series are tied to unattractive or evil people. So you know that's just a bit problematic.
    ...if my husbands has no vote, then....
    Endora & Lorelei / Dexter & Gideon
    ...we are newlyweds and not trying...yet...

It is funny when old threads become new again.

I am obsessed with A Song of Ice and Fire/Game of Thrones.

I had Arya on my girls' list for years, but dropped it once it started becoming more popular and trendy. :/ Would love to use several other names from the books, but probably never will.