Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: #2 needs a name

#2 needs a name

My husband and I are stumped on boy's names. We have a daughter named Siri Winter. We don't know what we're having yet, but we've got a few girl names picked out. No boy names though! Themes we like are Norwegian, Star Wars and Hunger Games. Mn will be Foster. Last name is pronounced Kuh-newt-son.

Anakin Sparrow is the first thing that came to mind for me. Siri and Anakin sound nice together, and they would both have nature-y middle names. Anakin is a secret face of mine, but even my Star Wars buff husband won't agree

I like Anakin, but I'm afraid of teasing!

Knowing these don't necessarily fit within those themes, what about Siri and...

Aric (or Erik)
    Lars (I believe this was used, albeit obscurely, in SW?)
    Tait (or Tate)
    Mathias
    Audun
    Jens
    Roald (love his books, too!)
    Fredrik (or Frederick)
    Lauris
    Odin (or Orin or Olin)
    Tomas
    Andor
    Espen
    Arne
    Kai
    Rune - both Norweigan and SW (to my knowledge)
    Garth
    Gale - I know he's a HG character, but I like that it's nature-related like Winter
    Airen - from SW
    Galen - from SW

Rune Mathias? Mathias Gale (love)? Tomas Audun? Airen Fredrik? Galen Lauris? I probably would save something like Anakin for a middle slot since it is so associated with the SW saga, but maybe Tomas Anakin? Or even Roald Kenobi? Good luck!
    Last edited by ellenelle; February 26th, 2012 at 05:26 PM.

I almost can't believe that I'm typing this, but I actually sort of like Han for a boy. It's obviously covers the Star Wars thing, and it's familiar but not widely used as a name. It's similiar to Hans which seems to lend it some legitimacy and gives it a sort of Scandinavian feel for the Norwegian thing, and I like that both Han and Siri are both minimalistic and uncommon without being weird. I feel like pretty much any boy would be stoked to have Han Solo as a namesake.

Other ideas:

Gale - I really love this on a boy, with or without The Hunger Games. Once again, it's minimalistic and not commonly used without being weird. I think this one goes with Siri really well.
    William / Willem / Wilhem "Wim" - I've been really fond of Wim ever since I first encountered it. I have no idea why it seems to go with Siri. I just does to me.
    Magnus
    Aldo
    Jory
    Corin
    Mattias
    Per
    Axel
    Birger
    Thor - This may seem as if it would be hard to pull off, but the only Thor I ever knew it really life was this tall, gangly, gawky guy with huge glasses and to me it worked perfectly on him.
    Seneca - Sen as a nickname?
    Django
    Jethro
    Adlai
    Tycho
    Lars - Scandinavian, and Star Wars in a not in-your-face sort of way (the surname of Luke's adoptive parents).