Results 11 to 20 of 49
Thread: Eliminate 1 from each pair! :)
February 25th, 2012 07:09 PM #11
Cecily was a place too! Lol. Its very similar to Sicily though, in fact sometimes my partner pronounces it like Sicily and I have to correct him, which is annoying. I'm sure he'd get it right if we used it on a child though....or at least I hope! Lol.
I'm hugely leaning towards Cecily, but the thing holding me back is that our top 2 names have accidentally become Claudie and Penelope, even though I'm.not a fan of matchy endings, so I promised myself I'd try to avoid any more "ee" ending names. I threw the rest of my list but I can't let go of Cecily, I think its my favourite right now :S What would you do now you know Claudie and Penelope are the top 2 on the list? Should I just go with my fave names, or should I think about the set as a whole? I know that issue has been debated many times on here but I can't decide where I stand! Thanks27 year old name addict, dreaming of a future:
Claudie Otto Lilac Emrys Phoebe Harlan Tabitha Lennox Ivy Quentin Aria Xavier Mirabelle Ezra Hadley Rafferty Genevieve Barnaby Romy/Florence Sullivan
February 25th, 2012 07:44 PM #13
Anneliese. I don't like how Angelica has the word "Angel" in it (as if that were some sort of prerequisite to having a child with good moral standing). Anneliese Morgan sounds like a lovely name to me.
Celeste. This name has a nice meaning.
Neither, I prefer the original (Rose) on its own.
Tessa. Jessamine sounds a little "mean" and it's a poor variation of Jasmine/Jessie.
I love Thea and Mira. Both are easy to say and spell based on sound.
Adeline. You can always call her "Adele" as a nickname. Adeline Morgan.
Milena has a nice definition.
Hope this helps.Regards, Amelie Holst
February 25th, 2012 08:03 PM #15
1. Angelica v Anneliese (ahhh, I can't decide! I like Anneliese better but I've grown to love Angelica/Angelina and I think Angelica Morgan sounds adorable... and I think it flows much better than Anneliese Morgan. Anneliese slightly wins it for me... such a stunning name!)
6. Seraphine (ad-uh-leen)
8. Aria v Tabitha (would you consider keeping both in one combo? I think Aria Tabitha is to die for... although if I have to nix one, it would be Tabitha, much as I love both!)Ashley
twenty-something name lover dreaming of adoption.
Isabelle | Arianne | Olivia | Violet | Rachel | Liliana | Charlotte | Eleni | Hannah | Eva | Catherine | Tess | Emmeline | Josephine | Gwendolyn
Caleb | Everett | Asher | Jack | Grayson | Avery | Bailey | Samuel | Charles | Boaz
February 25th, 2012 08:08 PM #17
February 25th, 2012 08:13 PM #19
I am Australian and I live in a small town and know 2 Adele's which is close to Adeline and could be a nickname. Ok I vote
1. Angelica v Anneliese: Anneliese
2. Cecily v Celeste: I don't like either cos Cecily sounds like a nickname for Cecelia but I vote Celeste
3. Rosaline v Rosanna: I prefer Rosalie but out of those 2 I vote Rosanna
4. Jessamine v Tessa: Will the nickname for Jessamine be Jess as Jessica is a very common name in Australia which is why I vote Tessa
5. Mira v Thea: Both sound like nicknames but I prefer Thea
6. Adeline v Seraphine (ad-uh-leen): i prefer Adele and Seraphina but in Australia Sarah is very common so if Serphine will be called Sarah that could be a problem. But I vote Seraphine
7. Maeve v Milena: I am voting Milena as Mila has been used by quite a few australian celebs and Milena will (probably) be shooting up the charts as well as Mila and Milla.
8. Aria v Tabitha: I vote Tabitha as Aria is a bit modern for me.
To find out more about Australian names Waltzing More Than Matilda is really great
February 25th, 2012 08:14 PM #21Renaming myself;
something quirky, British and elegant.
August - Edmund - Dexter - Jasper - Felix - Henry
Violet - Beatrice - Florence - Olive - Harriet - Antigone - Clementine - Henrietta - Hermione - Wilhelmina - Ottilie - Persephone
Please vote on my name list!: http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9812834
February 25th, 2012 08:15 PM #23
February 25th, 2012 08:17 PM #25
(From the US)
1. Anneliese sounds sweeter than Angelica.. Angel names make me think of a spoiled baby..
2. Slightly prefer Celeste, but Cecily is beautiful too
3. Rosanna has better nn potential and seems more unique than Rosaline
4. Jessamine is a better syllable flow with your last name than Tessa, but I like them both
5. Thea ... I prefer not to have the same first and last initial (v Mira)
6. Seraphine would stand apart from the sea of Addie's more than Adeline
7. Milena is refreshing.. Maeve still seems a little dated to me
8. Tabitha sounds better w/ Morgan.. but Aria is adorable too!25 year-old name lover and cat-momma to Clover and Calvin
February 25th, 2012 09:22 PM #27Member
- Join Date
- Dec 2011
February 25th, 2012 09:46 PM #29