Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    My husband is also mexican and im white! haha!
    We have boy Josef... My husbands parent/family dont speak english but they manage to pronounce it ok! He gets called Pep and Pepon a lot!

For girls we liked...
    Elena
    Elise
    Lucia or Lucy
    Silvia ( fairly popular in mexico)
    Lily
    Sara
    Gabriela
    Natalia
    Carolina

Louis
    Rafael
    Mateo
    Oscar
    Gabriel

There are more... basically just stay away from double L, J and TH!
    I always say to my husband... even if they dont have the name is spanish we can TEACH them to pronounce it! which we have with Josef! ( though Patrick is more difficult for them! ds middle name)
    boys names drive me crazy!

Thanks! Actually there are some TH names that mexicans use, ex. Ruth, Katherine, I even met a Kenneth. But they just pronounce it T instead of TH, it just depends if people like that or not. I dont mind it, but I dont think I would use those specific names, unless it was a middle name. Good for you for insisting with your son's name. Josef is a great name. I've never heard Pep as a nickname before.
    Baby Hernández is due Nov. 22!!

Ok, I will say Leslie Rebeca Hernandez sounds well in spanish. I am mexican. I think that Rebeca Hernandez sounds well balanced because they both have 3 syl. in spanish. I love how elegant Rebeca sounds. Although, it honestly looks and sounds to me like a mexican name (no american influence at all in it). Specially, because I know an american Rebecca from work (with double C).

One mexican aunt made combos for her children like Jessica Elizabeth, Martha Judith, Eric Daniel. She looked for names that have same writting in both English and Spanish, didn't care about TH pronuntiation. What do you think about this?? It's only a suggestion.

There are a lot of english names that mexicans can say, because they use it too!!! like Karen, Ashley, Emma (one baby of a mexican coworker has this name, yes it is written with double M like in English version), Mia (this is italian, I know, but is widely used in Mexico), Lydia, Sophia.
    Last edited by chapitaism; March 13th, 2012 at 08:29 PM. Reason: spelling

It does help! Thanks! I am actually thinking about that, especially for boys names. My hubby and I both love the name Elijah, and when I said, what if no one can say it? He said, who cares? Well, I do care, but I maybe I'm not giving my mexican friends enough credit. Either way, I am thinking about combing it with a latin mn or one that's easier to say/spell at least!
    Baby Hernández is due Nov. 22!!

Elijah is a beautiful name I used to go to high school with a pair of Elijahs (both in same classroom). People used to pronounce it like English pronuntiation. When "Lord of the rings" movies came out, many people start saying "like Elijah Wood", after the actor. So they got cool names in high school I think my generation does know that name because of the movies too, and in case you know a mexican guy that doesn't know that name, you always can say...like Elijah Wood, actor from "Lord of the rings" movies.....and they will think that's cool Although Elijah itself sounds beautiful.