Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Jesba and redpoppy, just saw your posts, thanks!
    @jesba, I dont mind code switching at all, my husband and I both do it and I prefer people in Mexico to call me by the spanish version of my name because I loved it after I got used to it. Thanks for the name list! I'll check those out!
    @redpoppy, unfortunately i think of twilight.. :/ although the spanish pronunciation helps with that! Thanks!
    Baby Hernández is due Nov. 22!!

Eric
    Melissa
    Yvonne
    Yvette
    Marisol
    Marissa
    Eileen

Are all names of Mexican-Americans I know whose families dont speak English so I would say they are easy to prn in both Countries
    Josephine Athénaïs - Josephine Ivy - Myriam Athénaïs - Vivienne Josephine
    Athena Beatrice - Beatrice Cecile - Eleanor Anne-Sophie -Myriam Beatrice - Meredith Elizabeth
    Ambrose Aristide - Ulysses Aristide

Girls: Bérangère, Bérénice, Honorine, Mazarine Boys: Augustin, Emeric, Hugo, Lambert, Lucien, Maxence, Yves

Hello amenspanglish. I'm happy to help! I'm American living in Mexico City and married to an Argentine, so I can relate. Here are some of the names we considered:

Mariel
    Victoria
    Georgina, nn Gigi (I LOATHE the Mexican NN, Geo, which in Spanish sounds like "Hell")
    Viviana
    Amelia
    Amalia
    Antonia
    Cristina
    Regina
    Valeria
    Marcela
    Leonor/Eleonora
    Eliza
    Isabel
    Paulina
    Romina, nn Romy
    Carolina, nn Caro
    Daniela
    Florencia (it's very fashionable in Buenos Aires so DH tried to make a case for it but I don't like it despite the fact that I love the nns Flora or Flor)

Martin
    Nicolas
    Victor
    Alberto
    Antonio
    Marco
    Roberto
    Javier
    Last edited by ybp; February 26th, 2012 at 10:31 PM.

My favorite from those two new lists is Romina. I had a little preschooler in my class named Romina and I always called her Romy because I love that nickname. I will always think of her big beautiful black eyes and spunky personality when I hear that name. But I'm into meanings and it just means "from Rome". I do have some italian background but Idk... I still have a name crush on it though! Eric is a nice name too. I noticed it means eternal ruler and i also thought of the little mermaid. I loved that movie growing up. A girl who leaves her family and culture for the man she loved. Maybe I watched it too many times!
    The other names are beautiful but still seem too latino for me. I'm not racist against latin names but my hubby likes American names, and I guess I also want a little of my culture to show in my future children's names. If I see it as a spanish name that my dad would butcher trying to say, it doesnt have much appeal to me. Or I have heard it one too many times, but how are you to know that? Lol. I really appreciate the posts though! So thank you!

Hello, I would like to keep this forum going for fun. Here are some names I have heard recently that I like:

Caleb. A perfectly pronouncible and not too common bible name that I didnt even think of until someone posted a forum today about it. Great choice!

Today, I met a baby girl named Kensley. I didnt ask how she spelled it, so maybe it was Kinsley. What do you think of the name? I'm not sure I like how people would read it with a spanish accent. Maybe I would have to spell it Kenslie if I ever use it. Aw, that's cute. But It looks like more of a nickname to me. Possible full names that go with that?

It reminded me of the name MacKenzie, which, even though it seemed really popular a few years ago, I havent seen much of it lately. As English as it sounds, I think a spanish accent could handle it just fine.

Also, I got an inspiration to do some geneology and I have some interesting names in my ancestors. Now I see why so many people look for family names, it's so interesting! One of the names is Esilda. Another male name, Gerolamo. These are on my italian side. I'm just curious what they mean or where they come from. Does anyone know? I might start another forum to see if anyone knows about these and many other old names!

If you have any spanglish names that you'd like to suggest, please add them on! Gracias!