Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Does anyone like the name Misty?

I know the general perception is that it's "stripperish", but I honestly love it. It's my current obsession, and I don't think it sounds stripperish at all. I think it sounds very pretty and almost mystical. But, I know it's not very well received, especially on Nameberry. Am I alone in my love for this name?
    18-year-old, not-so-average boy with an obsession for baby names and animals.

My Favorite Names~

Girls: Astrid, Athena, Coraima, Courtenay, Darcy, Kassia, Kimarie, Lindsay, Maryelle, Misty, Promise, Saba, Shaylene, Sky, Thalia, Tifany, Zooey

Boys: Alexander, Bjorn, Blair, Dade, Erik, Fable, Garrett, Harvey, Indigo, Isaac, Kasey, Mark, Sage, Shane, Shea, Shepherd, Slade, Thatcher, Zane

Click here to vote on my name list!

I don't think it sounds stripperish, either. I think it sounds very 1960's/hippy. But that's okay. If you love the name, use it. It would be so adorable on a little girl. I can't find anything negative to say about it except that it is nms. I like the combination of sounds in it. I especially like the 's' in the middle. I think S sounds in the middle of names are so interesting. It's a popular sound at the beginning or end of a name. That makes Misty a little unique, to me. You would be early in resurrecting it as a current, usable name, but it's definitely doable.
    Proud mommy to Nicolas Alexander (5) and Ethan Scott (3). Would loooove to have a little girl in our family next!

Threw out the old list. Looking for a new one!

I don't know, I don't really see it as stripperish. More dated, personally. One of my college roommates was a Mindy so that was my first thought--I jumped straight from Misty to Mindy. I like the idea behind it--it reminds me of nature and a light rain--but it seems too dated and, now that you mention it, stripperish, for me to really want to use. Maybe if you found a name that had the meaning of "mist" in it somewhere? I came across the names Noe ("mist" or "misty rain" in Hawaiian), Noelani ("heavenly mist" in Hawaiian), and Reviva ("dew, mist, rain" in Hebrew), which all seem fairly usable to me and I think you could easily use the nn Misty for them, along with whatever other nns derived from the actual name, like Vivi/Viva for Reviva or Noa/Lani/Elani/Nanni/etc. for Noelani.
    Lise
    twenty-something name lover dreaming of adoption.

Isabelle | Arianne | Olivia | Violet | Catherine | Emmeline | Lillian | Charlotte | Eleni | Anne-Sophie | Tess | Eva | Winter | Hazel
    Caleb | Everett | Jack | Avery | Zane | Samuel | Grant | Declan | Brody | Bailey | Addison | Leo | Grayson

"Ma patrie, c’est la langue française." - Albert Camus

I actually like the idea of Reviva! I was pondering Aviva for a little while but ultimately decided against putting it on my list, but Reviva could make a great middle name. Thanks!
    18-year-old, not-so-average boy with an obsession for baby names and animals.

My Favorite Names~

Girls: Astrid, Athena, Coraima, Courtenay, Darcy, Kassia, Kimarie, Lindsay, Maryelle, Misty, Promise, Saba, Shaylene, Sky, Thalia, Tifany, Zooey

Boys: Alexander, Bjorn, Blair, Dade, Erik, Fable, Garrett, Harvey, Indigo, Isaac, Kasey, Mark, Sage, Shane, Shea, Shepherd, Slade, Thatcher, Zane

Click here to vote on my name list!

It's pretty in a very nature-y, guilty pleasure way for me. I don't really think it's useable in the way names like Stormy and Rain aren't (in my personal opinion). Names have really strong associations for me, and I think of horses (a la Misty of Chincoteague, VERY old book haha) and Misty from Pokemon... but I'm a huge dork clearly.
    Favourites at the moment ♥

Leah, Scarlett, Sophie, Claire, Vivian, Madeleine, Evangeline, Selena, Gillian, Nina, Mila, Heidi, Isla, Hazel, Annabelle, Lydia, Celia, Violet, Genevieve
    Elias, Eli, Dominic, Thatcher, Graham, Noel, Nolan, Chase, Mattias, Dean, Cole, Blake, Daniel, Ash, Rhys, Julian, Callum, Kieran, Aidan, Ronan