Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

It's a GIRL! And now we need a list..

So this whole pregnancy we have been sure it was a boy. Like, we only talked about boy names, looked at boy things, and planned for a boy nursery. Turns out we were totally wrong haha. Now that the shock has started to wear off, we are in serious need of names. I have very few girl names that I love and the ones that DH loves are definitely NMS.

My names are:
    Maeve (top contender at the moment)
    Penelope
    Wren
    Lark
    June (My BIL and his wife have already "called" this one though)

His names:
    Ella
    Emily
    Elizabeth

We would love some suggestions that go along with these. Also, if there are any serious issues with the names we do like, please feel free to point them out to me!

Seems like your style is a bit classic with a trendy spin, and his are more classic cutesy.

I've never been a fan of Maeve, but I think maybe I'm pronouncing it wrong. To me, it's like May with a "V" on the end. But that's just personal taste ^^

Maybe one of these will spark an idea?

Madeleine
    Mae/May
    Geneva
    Mercy
    Arrietty (updated version of Harriet)
    Poppy (alternative to Penelope)
    Penny (same as above)
    Alouette (Lettie, Lulu, Allie possible NNs)
    Jane
    Johanna
    Justine
    Bardot
    Bronte
    Vita
    Emerson (Emmy, Emma)
    Elizabella
    Cora
    Clarabelle
    Emmelina
    Hannah
    Lilla
    Eva
    Evelina
    Evanna

Congrats and Good luck!
    Current Favorite Names:

Avia | Blair | Caroline | Catalina | Claudia | Elara | Elise | Evangeline | Freya | Isaline | Juliette | Kaia | Sasha | Scarlett | Vienna | Violet

Alexander | Arthur | August | Callum | Chase | Cole | Eric | George | Gideon | Isaac | Jasper | Julian | Knox | Rordan | Thomas | Tristan | Walker

Current Favorites:
    Girls: Juliet Elizabeth, Jacqueline Eden, Katherine Noelle, Charlotte Marie, Eliza Catherine, Eve Augusta,
    Isla Rose, Maeve Elizabeth

Boys: Matthew Thomas, Maxwell David, Nicholas Paul, Benjamin Luke, Jonah Robert, William Peter,
    Joseph Alexander, Andrew James

Names I'm not sure about:
    Esme Faith, Nora Genevieve, Claire Madeleine, Blyth Margaret, Margaux Claire, Jack William, Troy Christopher

All the best,
    juma1234

I like Maeve better as a middle name, maybe paired with something a little more straightforward. Emily Maeve has a nice balance. If June is taken, how about May/Mae? Eve may appeal to your husband, since he seems to favor "E" names. I also like Elizabeth paired with one of the names from your list--Elizabeth Wren or Elizabeth Lark. I'm partial to the nn Eliza but there are many other options of course.

I love all of yours, and find his choices to be inoffensive but really, really boring.

Suggestions:

Elowen (I've seen this one tossed around on the boards a bit lately, but I don't think that it's in the database yet. It's a Cornish name meaning "elm tree.")
    Eliza (This is obviously really similar to his choices, but I think the vibe of it is closer to your choices. It has more spunk.)
    Elinor / Eleanor "Nell"
    Calla
    Laurel
    Eloise / Eloisa
    Nola
    Lorelei
    Elspeth / Elspet
    Neve
    Dare (Like the author Dare Wright.)
    Lane
    Briar
    Honor
    Romilly
    Estella / Estelle
    Verity
    Juna / Djuna
    Rose
    Eleri (or Ellery. They're pronounced slightly differently.)
    Vera
    Fife / Fyfe (or Fifer / Fyfer)