Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Hybrid View

Favourite Baby Brand?

Hi everyone,
    I have a little boy who is almost 1, and my OH and I have decided to try for another baby. When I was expecting our first, I had no clue as to what brands etc to use for the baby, being a mum for the first time and having no younger sibling or relations etc and being quite young myself (19/20). So, I just went with the ones that I had heard of, were on offer, or cheap etc.
    So, in preparation for doing it ALL over agian, I would love some honest opinions on what sort of brands etc that you wonderful parents out there have found useful, what was a waste of money and what you cannot live without!
    For instance, I bought a Tommee Tippee electric steam sterilizer, but I have been disappointed in it and will have to replace it with a new one even though its only a year old! The lid is no longer airtight, and there is limescale on it that, no matter how many times I clean it and descale it, won't come off. Any suggestions on sterilizers?
    Am interested in hearing what you all have to say, from buggies to bottles to blankets!
    Although, I do live in the UK, so I might not now any other non UK brands, am still interested in your opinions!! But probably the UK lot might know what I'm talking about?
    Anyways, speak soon, looking forward to your replies! xo
    *Mahala*
    Proud Mummy to:
    Kyan Morgan, born on 9th March 2011 Finley Logan, lost on 25th March 2012
    Expecting Pip, due in October 2013 xxx

I never used a sterilizer or bottles, so I can't help you there. As for carseats, Britax are my favorite. They are known for being among the safest an I always found them the easiest to install. I also love my Bumbo seat. I also really like my Baby Bjorn. My youngest (17 months) has outgrown it and I am waiting for a Beco Butterfly to arrive. My favorite double stroller is the Joovy Ultralight. I have a Combi Twinsport too and I would not recommend that as it seems cheap and not very well made. My Peg Perego is my favorite single stroller. The Phil and Ted's Me Too Chair is great for restaurants. After 3 kids, no other products really stand out as must-haves for me. My first loved the swing, the other 2 didn't like it at all. None of them loved the bouncy seat, but would tolerate it for a couple minutes. Good luck and hopefully you will be expecting soon!

Thank you! Hopefully we will be, keeping our fingers crossed...
    Our first was a very contented, easygoing baby, and he still is really, there wasnt many things that made my life easier, so to speak, as he was so easy anyway, as far as babies go! Im praying i get lucky with the second but i really doubt I am going to be that lucky. A lot of the items we had he was fine with, no problems, but if i have another one and they are the complete opposite, i thought id best prepare! Like you said, what one baby loves, the other/s wont lol.
    Also our first was very heavy and grew far too quickly to even use some products... we bought a carrier that he couldnt use after the first few months (3 i think it was) so im hoping to get a bit more use out of it second time round... all his newborn clothes were never worn, as he was too big and went in straight to 0-3... his moses basket was only used for 6 weeks as he outgrew it, his crib was only used for 2 months as he outgrew that lol so i hope to get some use out of them again
    How old are your three children now? I suppose most products are all about the same anyway, but you can never prepare too much i think! Really big thank you on the double stroller, will check that out!
    xo
    *Mahala*
    Proud Mummy to:

You are welcome - I tested out a lot of strollers til I found one I like. Some of them are so big and heavy and that is not what I wanted. My kids are 11, 3, and 17 months now.

Awww, lovely, are you still in the busy stage of looking after them all, or has it calmed down a bit now? Mind you, the 11 year old sounds so grown up, I cant imagine my little one ever getting that big! must be bizarre...
    The downside to the double buggies and whatnot seem to be the weight or bulkiness... im hoping my boy might learn to walk very very well within the next year lol then i can just get a new single one instead, but who knows atm! knowing me i will end up buying both "just in case" xo
    *Mahala*
    Proud Mummy to: