Names Searched Right Now:

Thread: Girl ideas

Girl ideas

Dh and I have always loved Nora, but I'm worried that with our last name it sounds silly. Our last name is pronounced NEE-liss. Is it too comic book character? We're not completely set on it either.

Other names we are tossig around:

Vivien
    Rosie (Rose or Rosalie as the full name)
    Felicity
    Meredith
    Lydia
    Cora
    Audrey
    Audra
    Violet
    Sadie (my name is Sara, is this too wierd?)

Our two sons are Bennet and Jude. Any thoughts on our list or suggestions would be appreciated!

I really love your list!! I think Nora Rose (NEE-liss) sounds amazing!!
    Girls: Neva, Hope, Katherine, Harlow, Vivienne, Florence, Grace, Nalha, Primrose, Arabella, Isla.

Boys: Nicholas, Luke, Stephen, Leon, John, William, Henry, Victor, Fredrich, Rainer, Simon, Felix.

I think Nora Neelis works well and is not too comic-y. You could also use a longer name like Lenora or Annora with Nora as a nn. From the other names in your list, the ones ending in -n or -y or -ie sound are a little hard to say with your last name. And Cora Neelis is a little close to Cornelius so I'm not sure that this would work, although I like the name Cora. I'd vote for Meredith, Lydia, Audra, and Violet as the best fit with your last name. With the sibset, I prefer Lydia, Audra, or Violet (Meredith seems to have a different vibe) so these are my top picks for you other than Nora. My favorite of these is Audra Violet Neelis.

Here are some other suggestions for fn/mn combinations:

Audra Rose
    Nora Violet
    Nora Meredith
    Lenora Rose
    Annora Sara
    Lydia Rose
    Violet Felicia
    Violet Audra