Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Unisex name for Link's sister?

Hey guys, back again! You might have seen my post about my story, it's about a private detective. I've decided that one of my characters, Link North, should have a younger sister.
    Link and his sister grew up in Kansas City with their father and mother (who I also don't have names for...Any ideas?). In the story, Link doesn't talk about his family, and the reason is explained much later on (I haven't even really thought about it yet). If you've seen my other post, then you'll know that Link is very flamboyant, though his sexuality is unknown. He is twenty-four and moved to Manhattan, where the story takes place, when he turned eighteen.
    It is very important that his sister has a unisex name--A text from her about a meeting causes confusion among his friends, who think it is the time and place for a romantic date, and they become unsure whether Link is meeting with a man or a woman (as mentioned above, his friends don't know his sexual orientation). As a filler name I was thinking Sam, but I don't think this sib-set matches. It would also be nice to have a theme with the names--The only connection I have with Link (short for Lincoln) is of course, Abraham Lincoln, and I can't seem to find any U.S. presidents with surnames that could be used as unisex first names. Though I don't mind if a different theme is used, in fact I'd love to get other ideas!
    Thanks for reading, and even more thanks if you leave suggestions!

Presidents' names that could work:

Kennedy (I could see Kennedy on a boy, but "Ken" or "Kenny" could be used as nicknames to cause further confusion.)
    Carter
    Tyler
    Taylor
    Pierce
    Cleveland (I don't know if it's just me, but I could see this on a girl for some reason. Cleve as a more unisex nickname?)
    Truman (With Tru as a nickname, although in this case that would probably be the more feminine moniker.)
    Reagan
    McKinley (Mac, Mick, or Mickey?)

Other unisex names that could work:
    Emery
    Rowan
    Avery
    Sky
    Louella / Louise / Louisa / Luna "Lou" (or "Louie")
    Alexandra / Alexis / Alexa / Alexia / Alexandrine "Alex"

There are a lot more options, but that's all that's coming to mind right now.

Lincoln's wife was Mary Todd, so maybe if their parents are particularly eccentric she could be named Todd or Mary-Todd called Todd.

You know, I even had the name Todd on my shortlist--I ended up giving it to the brother of another character! These sound great, thanks very much! I may end up going with either Kennedy, Carter, Truman, Reagan, or one of the "Lou" or "Alex" names. Thanks for your help!

@nono had a lot of good ideas. I especially like Kennedy, Reagan, and McKinley as options. I think these could work, too:

Monroe
    Wilson (sounds mostly masculine to me but I think he could occasionally call her Will, but a lot of people call her Willa or Willow? I don't know, haha, it was just an idea and I like that Wil- could go either direction pretty easily)
    Hoover (I don't know, some -er names just lend themselves to be unisex. I don't think it's an especially great name or even a semi-cool name for a girl. Just figured I would throw it out there... haha)

A few other ideas I had:

Avery
    Evangeline (uber-girly, but maybe she could go by Evan?)
    Calliope "Lio"
    Harper
    Bennett

Good luck!
    Ashley
    twenty-something namenerd and aspiring novelist

Isabelle Aurora Grace | Caleb Elias Joseph | Arianne Eleanor Daisy | Everett Joshua Charles
    Olivia Wren Camille | Jack August Wilder | Violet Ophelia Claire | Avery Ian George

Wow, these are some lovely names, guys! I've added Wilson and Evangeline to my list. I like the idea of a girl called Will especially.
    So, final list:
    Wilson
    Evangeline
    Kennedy
    Carter
    Truman
    Reagan

I'll probably post a poll later to choose between them