Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

A sister for Maisie and Birdie

I'm looking for a girl's name to go with Maisie Cordelia and Birdie Emmeline (prn. Em-eh-leen).

The problem is I have a touch of OCD and I've kinda put myself in a box it seems! Both the girls' names have 6 letter 1st names that end in -ie/are considered nicknames (though they don't seem too nickname-y to me and work fine on their own) and 8 letter middle names. Though we already have her middle name picked out: it'll be Adelaide after OH's great aunt Addie.

I *think* I could be okay with a name that ends in -y so long as it has 6 letters.

Some first names I like:
    Sylvie (one of my top picks, but I'm not sure if it sounds too french next to the very english sounding Maisie and Birdie?)
    Tillie (another top pick. Matilda has ALWAYS been one of my favorite names and I love that it has 2 "i's" like Maisie and Birdie. I know—I'm weird!)
    Trixie (OH has nixed this one, he says it reminds him of a stripper name)
    Tessie
    Millie (I'm not sure if it's too much with Maisie ?)
    Hattie

Again, her middle name's going to be Adelaide.

I'd love your guys's opinions/suggestions!

Thank you sooooo much in advance!

Sylvie Adelaide is really wonderful, but do you want her name to be an "ee" last syllable also? If yes, i would suggest this. If not, i would recommend Matilda Adelaide.
    Both are lovely in my opinion! (not a big fan of Hattie or Trixie, and I do think Millie is too similar to Maisie)

I love Sylvie! I don't think it sounds out-of-place, in comparison to Maisie and Birdie. It's my personal fave out of the options you have listed.

Some others:
    Aubrie
    Audrie (although these two many not work, considering the MN)
    Carrie
    Cherie
    Colbie
    Dottie
    Dulcie
    Goldie (love this one!)
    Kizzie
    Ruthie
    Zoelie

Do you like any of these?
    "No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted."

Quote Originally Posted by demi View Post
    I love Sylvie! I don't think it sounds out-of-place, in comparison to Maisie and Birdie. It's my personal fave out of the options you have listed.

Some others:
    Aubrie
    Audrie (although these two many not work, considering the MN)
    Carrie
    Cherie
    Colbie
    Dottie
    Dulcie
    Goldie (love this one!)
    Kizzie
    Ruthie
    Zoelie

Do you like any of these?

I really like Dulcie and actually Goldie was a name I was in love with... until OH pointed out our daughters have pretty dark hair. He says she'd be a walking oxymoron. Men. lol

Names I really liked from other posters:
    Sookie (but only spelled this way Sukey/Sukie kinda make me think of sucky.)
    Hallie
    Lottie

I'm sorry it took me so long to get back to you guys, but thank you so much you've given me some really great suggestions and I appreciate it so much!

Quote Originally Posted by cy_cy View Post
    I really like Dulcie and actually Goldie was a name I was in love with... until OH pointed out our daughters have pretty dark hair. He says she'd be a walking oxymoron. Men. lol
    Lol, they do like to over-think it sometimes. The only Goldie I've known was a Jewish girl with dark brunette hair and brown eyes and the name fit her personality completely (bubbly, energetic, fun), but I think most people automatically think of Goldie Hawn so they associate the name with blonde hair and blue eyes. But it all comes down to personal preferences in the end. Good luck in the decision and congrats on your new baby girl!
    "No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted."