Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Okay, so I think you are both on to something.

Before when I've tried to come up with a middle name for Theresa I've been wanting something that while still classic sounded slightly more modern. I see Theresa as timeless, classic, beautiful (I could go on and on) but I know the general perception is that it's dated to the 1960s so I want to find a classic middle name that sounded fresh. Does Theresa Lauren or Theresa Laurence fit the bill better.

I like them both. Theresa Lauren might be a tad more approachable if you took a poll outside of NB (I'd say it's a modern classic, though I know a lot of Lauren's in their 20s so I don't know if it will become dated...). Though perhaps not a classic, I think Theresa Laurence is particularly smashing; Laurence is elegant and unusual (and I like the way the French emphasis on the 2nd syllable sounds with Theresa, though you could just as easily pronounce it like the boys' name). I don't find Theresa too dated, though--maybe if you planned to call her Terry, but considering the more modern nicknames Theresa can take, I think it's golden. Clare, Kate, and Tess sound like sisters.

I'm a Laura too and agree with you that it sounds strange in the middle.
    Have you considered using two middle names so that it has got something to follow.
    For example
    Theresa Laura May
    Amelia Laura Kate

If you went with Elizabeth you could always use the nickname Bess which is similar to Tess.
    I believe you can also Tess as a nickname for Elizabeth too.

Some other suggestions:
    Emily Laura
    Madeline Laura
    Danica Laura
    Ruby Laura
    Scarlett Laura
    Annabel Laura

of Theresa Lauren or Theresa Laurence...it's a tough call, but I'd probably go with Laurence since your heart seems to be there more.

However I really like Theresa Laurel, but it seems like you don't? just making sure you saw it.

Margaret Laura is really smashing, and Maggie, Mae, Meg, Maisie, Daisy, Margo, there are just so many options!

Quote Originally Posted by jesba View Post
    of Theresa Lauren or Theresa Laurence...it's a tough call, but I'd probably go with Laurence since your heart seems to be there more.

However I really like Theresa Laurel, but it seems like you don't? just making sure you saw it.

Margaret Laura is really smashing, and Maggie, Mae, Meg, Maisie, Daisy, Margo, there are just so many options!
    Not a huge fan of Laurel.

Still liking Margaret Laura except after my last post I realized I should have mentionned what my sons names are - Paul, Mark, and James. Mark and Margaret are too close although Margaret would likely be Meg or Maggie or Mae.