Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question Name for a male Doberman?

I will shortly be getting a male Doberman and I could not be happier! Stuck on a name though. I'm definitely the person who needs to see the animal and feel out their personality before settling on one, but I also would like to have a list of names that I can choose from.

Some boy names I like (also for human boys) are:

Sebastian
    Rowan
    Milo
    Theodore
    Leo
    Noah
    Jonah
    Sullivan

The thing is, when it comes to naming my pets, I also like to get a little out of my comfort zone and venture a little more to the 'trendy' side of things, so feel free to suggest names that don't exactly fit in with my style. Also feel free to suggest female names - I'm fairly certain he will be a boy, but it wouldn't hurt to get a few ideas for a girl either. Thanks in advance!!

Shorter names are best for dogs, so I wouldn't go with Sebastian, Theodore, or Sullivan. I think the rest are great for a dog though! It would definitely depend on his personality, however. Good luck!
    18-year-old, not-so-average boy with an obsession for baby names and animals.

My Favorite Names~

Girls: Astrid, Athena, Coraima, Courtenay, Darcy, Kassia, Kimarie, Lindsay, Maryelle, Misty, Promise, Saba, Shaylene, Sky, Thalia, Tifany, Zooey

Boys: Alexander, Bjorn, Blair, Dade, Erik, Fable, Garrett, Harvey, Indigo, Isaac, Kasey, Mark, Sage, Shane, Shea, Shepherd, Slade, Thatcher, Zane

Click here to vote on my name list!

Since Doberman's are originally a German breed, I would go with something like Otto, Hugo or Bruno. For a female, try Dagmar, Elsa, Liesel or Lottie.
    All the best,
    Mischa.

Thanks for answers so far.

@youssarian, I know that dogs respond better to short names, ending in -y, the suggestions I give are just to get a feel of my naming style. Some more canine-friendly names I like are Beau, Darby, Draco, Buckley, Marley, Molly, Keely, etc.

Please give me some names based on those! I have a list of names I do like, but am looking for some suggestions that I might not be familiar with, or that are uncommon around my region. Thanks again.

Apollo
    Roscoe
    Dash
    Rufus
    Rex (oddly the doggiest of the list, but I like it for a human male too!)
    Quartz
    Stone
    Blaise
    Knight
    Kingsley
    Roy