Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

The UNpopular kids names...

I was reading a post earlier about the names of popular kids in your high school, and it got me thinking... Are there any names you would never use because someone you knew in high school? I'm not necessarily thinking arch-enemies, or that type of thing.
    I knew this girl named Tara. I think her name is beautiful. But she was poor, and awkward, and because of the way other kids treated her, it affected my perception of her name. I could never use it.
    Does anyone else have names they feel similarly about?
    Proud mommy to Nicolas Alexander (5) and Ethan Scott (3). Would loooove to have a little girl in our family next!

Threw out the old list. Looking for a new one!

Yeah, unfortunately I have a few of these associations as well. Sonia, Eli, and Carrie are all victims of this, and all names that I'd probably like otherwise!
    Current Favourites: Sophie, Rose, Elsa, May, Anna, Charlotte, Ada, Georgina, Juliet, Rosalie, Amelina, Flora, Louis, Dominic, Julian, Simon, Alan, Ivan and Alistair.
    Love but Can't/Won't Use: Emmanuelle, Autumn, Emily, Emmeline, April, Rosamund, Thomasin, Ruby, Roscoe, Etienne, Emile, James, Quincy, Quentin.

Talina, JoAnna, Rosie, Heather, Grace, Carol, Jaime, Matthew, Philip, Hilary....absolutely nothing wrong with those names. Couldn't use them.
    Anya Angelina, Alessandra Mary, Delilah Claire, Adella India, Lydia Emanuella, Susannah Lenore, Caroline Michaela, Rikarah Jade, Liadah Cristina, Leah Cassandra, Alicia Cordelia, Eliza Francesca, Jade Antonia, Jessamine Faith, Audrina Rosemary, Shana Ariadne, Dana Rachel
    Nathaniel Malachi, Wesley Joseph, Gavin Daniel, Daniel Alexander, Lewis Malcolm, Jared Levi, Jesse Gabriel, Connor Michael, Callum Wade, Keegan Jude, Quentin Dominick, Micah Lucian, Miguel Antonio, Adam Gabriel

No, I don't feel that way at all. In fact, I think it's terrible that after High School you seem to still have the same petty judgments about people not being 'cool' enough for you. Are you suggesting that the only good names are the ones of cheerleaders or jocks? It's different if you have a bad association with a person, for example, I couldn't use Helen because of a college roommate who was a nightmare, but to discard a name because a poor, socially awkward kid in your school had it is horrible!

It isn't because of how I feel about her name because of her. I actually liked Tara a lot, and we were friends until she moved away. My point is that I couldn't use her name with my memories of her treatment during the time I knew her. I just have the association between her name and getting teased, which is why I couldn't use it. I'm not saying its logical, its just how I feel.
    Proud mommy to Nicolas Alexander (5) and Ethan Scott (3). Would loooove to have a little girl in our family next!

Threw out the old list. Looking for a new one!