Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Honestly, I'm the opposite on most names. The only names I really love that end in a are Serena and Cordelia. I prefer Isabel, Olive, Caroline, Natalie, Adrienne, etc over their a ending counterparts. I've pretty much always been that way. But then again I've never been a huge fan of most belle/bella names.

I've always wondered about this, too! It does seem that most -a endings are a lot more popular than the non-"A" endings, but after reading a few of the comments, I've thought of some that don't fit the rule! Natalie is more popular than Natalia, and Lily and Lillian are more popular than Liliana...

I honestly go back and forth on which I prefer... sometimes I think I lean more toward the non-a endings, as Isabelle and Arianne are my top two, and Isabella and Ariana aren't. Olivia is on my top 3, though, and Olive isn't (although I would consider Olive as a nn for Olivia, as well as Liv, Livy, and Via!)... Liliana has been on my list but I'm seriously thinking of giving it up for Lillian. I prefer Aurelie to Aurelia, but Emilia to Emily/Emilie... I like Julia more than Julie, but Sophie more than Sophia... I honestly don't know why for some names I prefer the "A" ending and others I prefer the other ending... I seem to be a bit hodge-podge in that area, haha.
    Ashley
    twenty-something namenerd and aspiring novelist

Isabelle Aurora Grace | Caleb Elias Joseph | Arianne Eleanor Daisy | Everett Joshua Charles
    Olivia Wren Camille | Jack August Wilder | Violet Ophelia Claire | Avery Ian George

Spanish-Italian version? To me, both version is beautiful by their own.
    It depends on what you need.
    But maybe the a-ending is more popular because it sounds more delicate and feminin.

In a lot of eastern european countries, all girls names end in -a (as a caroline who married into a polish family, my inlaws usually say it carolina/carolinka just because it sounds strange to them otherwise).

I'm not sure just how many other cultures it's the same, but I'm guessing many.

In my opinion, Julie sounds fresher and younger than Julia.
    No offence meant, my name is Julia!
    I like a lot of names that don't end in -a, like Eulalie, Valerie, Rosalie, Josephine, Rose, etc.
    But I also prefer Arabella to Annabel, Brianna to Brianne and Roxanna to Roxanne.
    lilith tennessee & phineas frederick