Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Name for a flambouyant barkeeper in Manhatten?

Hey Berries, back again! I've added a new character to my private investigator story, and I'm stuck with names!
    The main character in the story is Alice O'Dea. My barkeeper acts as her best friend, confidante, and moral compass throughout the story. He barkeeps at an Irish pub in Manhatten, not far from where Alice lives (who is Irish). He's funny, sweet, kind, slightly bitchy and stuck-up, and quite flambouyant. He is the oldest one in the group (only 24) and therefore also acts as a parent to the others. He often uses terms of endearment for the people in the group like 'angel', 'sweetheart', 'muffin', and all sorts of other sickly sweet names. He's an amazing singer, especially the classics and big band, and is often seen on the stage of the Irish pub (where karaoke and theme nights are held) singing either solo (and amazing) or with Alice (and hampered by her mediocre voice). He grew up in Kansas and is the black sheep is his family. Sometimes during the story his distant family and his flambouyant attitude are questioned to be linked, though this is never proven. No one in the group seems sure that he is gay, straight, bisexual, or anything else, and he keeps this secret well gaurded.
    That's a lot of info, I know
    I've compiled a list of maybe-names. Do you think I should use one of these? Or maybe another name altogether? And what about surnames/middle names/nicknames?
    These are the first names I've been thinking:

Link
    West
    Silas
    Ruben
    Lorne (I think this is a bit much, being as my character is very similar to the character Lorne, a.k.a, The Host from Buffy spin-off Angel. I do love it though.)
    Laurel

Please tell me what you guys think! And also if you have any other suggestions they will be sorely appreciated!

I saw Link and fell in love with it. Just my two cents, though...West is nice too, though.
    Hi there. My pen name is Diana (or akky, whichever you prefer).
    I'm here to find names for characters, not babies, though I do love working with kids.
    "Sometimes all you get is twenty pages, but you've got to make the best of it"--my mother
    If you need help with fantasy names, I'm your gal!
    Current WiPs: *Sometimes Falling Stars*

Link is both a video game character and a popular pet name Silas & Ruben both seem like grown-up business men to me, and the Lorne connection is probably one you should stay away from. Laurel sounds like a girls' name, sorry West, though, is really cool. I'd say West or possibly even North. Good luck!

Thanks for the input guys! If I was being honest myself I'd say I was leaning more towards Link. To me it also seems like it gives a nice contrast; of course you have the hero Link from Legend of Zelda and you have macho Link 'The Sink' Burrows from Prison Break, and now you could have this Link! Contrast is a thing I value when naming; I always sigh when I'm reading a book and someone named a popular teenage cheerleader Tiffany or a middle-aged English man Rupert. It just seems so stereotypical!
    Now, what to do for a surname?

I was thinking of the surnames Bailey, Reynolds, Morgan, Payne, Tucker, or Cohen. I've been thinking to myself, "Link Bailey, Link Reynolds, Link Morgan, Link Payne, Link Tucker, Link Cohen" My brain may be slowed by a long day working, so I can't really pick up if there are any hidden sounds, words, initials, etc. at this moment. What do you think?