Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    dear annie85, thank you for your reply, i completely agree with you.
    I have seen some bits of the show, some of it just seems completely bizarre and makes no sense, whereas there are parts that I think "oh, thats a nice tradition etc". But all the women do is cook and clean, and the men work, swear and act disrespectful. I dont think thats such a brilliant culture, in this day and age, where women can be treated equally to men and earn, and gain their own education. As for people saying, oh its their culture so its ok to pierce a babys ears... well, its still not something i agree with, no matter how long they have done it for. When the girl is old enough, I don't mind. I didnt get my ears pierced till I was 14 or 15. I have a few piercings now, but I had them all done when I was older. I wasn't allowed make up till 14, and even then it was only eyeliner and mascara, none of that concealer crap. i left school early due to various things going on, but I got a job and worked full time. And out of all the things that I wish I could have another go, it would be that. I really wish I had finished school, and all my children will finish school if i have my way about it. I just dont agree with young children looking older than what they are. Regardless of gender, culture etc. They should be children, and look like them. They have such a short childhood, and there are some horrible people in this world, that i really do get annoyed when i see 8 years old girls with more make up than me. They have plenty of time when they are older to wear make up etc. And i still think there is a difference between putting in a bow onto you girls hair, and having fake nails, make up, fake tan and hair extensions. Stud ear piercings when they are not going to rip them out, and a bit of nail varnish on weekends or holidays is different, and fine in my opinion, as long as they are not really young.
    But actually looking like a smaller adult is different and wrong to me.

Thank you everyone who has replied, i appreciate the input and opinions. speak soon guys
    Hala
    Proud Mummy to Kyan & Connor xxx

I wouldn't let my child actually wear makeup places until age 11, and then it would only be eyeshadow. As for lipchap/lipgloss, age 2, 3 or 4 or something.. And my daughter got her ears piereced at age 1, yes a bit young I know.. but she only wears studs. And all of my kids wear Guess clothes, Tommy Hilfiger, and Old Navy / Gap.. / Sears..

Hmm, well, I suppose I am personally not fond of some of this.

For makeup, I wore it when I was four for dance recitals and all. I don't this makeup on babies personally because 1. babies have more sensitive skin. I get rashes if I wear certain makeup because I have sensitive skin, and it would be unfortunate to put makeup on a baby and then end up with an allergic reaction! Of course, this can happen with foods and medicines etc as well, and you learn once they have a reaction to stop. But I personally am not for setting up the potential. and 2. I feel like it might portray a bad self image to the baby. Not all people are the same, and some would feel differently than others... but I am a big fan of natural beauty (: Of course, if this is cultural, then it would just be a normal thing and the baby probably wouldn't get a bad self image from it.. but if the baby grows up and looks back and see's her parents were always putting makeup on her... she may feel as if she isn't pretty enough the way she is

At least where I am, pierced ears are fairly normal. Not all that many people do so around here, but its still not unusual. Could definitely be another cultural thing.. though I most definitely wouldn't want hoops!! She just might grab them and pull them out of her ears! Or they could get caught on something And I definitely wouldn't encourage sun beds!!! Its heightening the risks of skin cancer!!! I've never even been on one myself, though I'll admit I do spend some time tanning on the beach <3 If when she gets older and asks to do so, I might hesitantly say yes if she's older and doesn't plan on making it regular [and of course if she knows the risks!]. But especially so young...

I personally think its a tad awkward to shave the babies head to make it grow back thicker :/ Head hair doesn't normally work that way, does it? And I feel like its horrible to encourage her child to drop out of school!! I suppose it might be a cultural thing as well to clean and cook at home for woman... Which if thats what they do, I respect them following what they believe... even if I personally disagree with it. And I hope that is also what makes her daughter happy...

Designer clothes can all vary... I definitely feel if she is trying to make the child look older and grow up to fast that its a shame. I know that the world will have pedophiles regardless of what babies wear, and that dressing them to look older doesn't mean they're ASKING for pedophiles... however, I do believe it somewhat takes some of the beautiful innocence of being young away. I also personally believe that intentionally "sexualizing" your child is wrong. I personally think its okay for kids to wear stylish clothing. But theres a big difference between stylish and sexy.

I think all children are beautiful in themselves, and it portrays a bad self image to try and make your child "look better". And I feel like it sends a bad message to them. This is all just personal opinion though! (:

My three year old has her own brush in my makeup bag that she believes she is putting makeup on with (though I hand her an empty compact), and sometimes I brush my eyeshadow brush on her lids (when there is nothing left on it) so she believes she is wearing makeup, but no mascara, and she does not have her ears pierced.

God no , I think that people who use make-up on their children should be supervised. It is affecting their health and normal development. I love to dress up my little girl, like with some baby pettiskirts, but I never use make-up.