Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

How long did you wait to, you know...do it?

Pretty personal question, but I figured in honor of Vday and my 6 wk check up just a few days from now...

I know some people who didn't wait for the 6 wk check-up which seems crazy to me cause I kinda never want to do it again!

Honestly? It was a couple of months! Between round-the-clock breastfeeding (I was just wiped out!) and my husband on night shift, there wasn't a lot of romance in the air!

Edit: My sister got pregnant (again) when her first child was ONE MONTH OLD. It still shocks me and these kids are in their early 20s now. lol
    Lara -- mama to Henry (June 2000) & Agnes (April 2012) and one angel baby

Thank you for your answer! So many people viewed this, but you are the only one who answered! And you made me feel better about not feeling ready just yet!

I was just shy of six weeks. Frankly, it wasn't fun. It was at least another six weeks before any further attempts were made.

I think I would have been happy waiting a solid year.

With my first (hospital birth) I waited the obligatory 6 weeks after my OB gave me the go-ahead. With my 2nd (homebirth), I waited about 4 weeks. With my 3rd (homebirth) I waited about 3 weeks.