Names Searched Right Now:
Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by samantha-bianca View Post
    My Mum knew a girl named Ophelia, which is fine, except that her surname was Richards.
    What's wrong with Ophelia Richards? Am I missing something huge? ... My ln is Richards, too, and Violet Ophelia Claire is one of my top choices for a girl. I don't want to use something that would be utter torture, though. ... is the effect lessened because it's sandwiched between two other names? Hopefully?
    Ashley
    twenty-something namenerd and aspiring novelist

Isabelle Aurora Grace | Caleb Elias Joseph | Arianne Eleanor Daisy | Everett Joshua Charles
    Olivia Wren Camille | Jack August Wilder | Violet Ophelia Claire | Avery Ian George

Quote Originally Posted by ashthedreamer View Post
    What's wrong with Ophelia Richards? Am I missing something huge? ... My ln is Richards, too, and Violet Ophelia Claire is one of my top choices for a girl. I don't want to use something that would be utter torture, though. ... is the effect lessened because it's sandwiched between two other names? Hopefully?
    I think it's because an old nickname for Richard is Dick ... Ophelia Dick... said in certain accents it can sound rather, ahem, propositioning to a man.

I think it has to do with Richard being another word for a male part. "I feel ya dick" with names in between I don't see a problem

Actually, if I remember correctly, Shithead was an immigrant from the middle east...so he would not have been subject to that law. I thought Lemonjello and Orangejello were a myth too, but I trust my brother when he says he met them.
    ~*~Ari-Lee~*~
    Awesome Aunty to: Aria Gabrielle & Liam Davis

<3 My Furbabies <3
    Hannah Renee, Jasmine Natasha, Jamie Abigail...and foster-baby Fossie.

Top contenders for my next pup:
    Litzy, Windsor, Rosie - Diesel, Dutch, North

My husband grew up with a boy names Metro..... his siblings were Goldwyn and Mayer! HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    boys names drive me crazy!