Names Searched Right Now:

VBAC - spacing between births

Hi all. I was wondering if anyone has had a VBAC with less than 18 months between the births? If so did you have an OB or a midwife? Deliver in a hospial or at home? I had a c-section with my first and as we want a large family I really want to have a VBAC with my second but they will be only 15 months apart and the last OB I had said there had to be 18 months between the births or they would do another c-section. I would really appreciate any experience or advice that you have to share. Thanks!

I haven't had a C-section so I can't comment. Check out this website though for resources about VBAC: http://ican-online.org/

I'll throw my opinion in though -- if I had the desire to have a VBAC and I did my research regarding it's safety to confirm it was ok (I do not know if it is or not sorry) and my health care provider said "no" -- I would find a new provider. When I was pregnant with my twins, I had 3 OBs before I found one that would allow me to discuss a vaginal birth option. I was "high risk" because of having multiples and also because I had complications with my singleton pregnancies. So because of my placenta insufficiency risks, 3 different OBs told me "You will have your C-section at __ weeks" or "We will put you on bedrest at _ weeks then have your C-section at __" No. I just went elsewhere. I found a great OB who was open to treating me like an individual and that pregnancy separately from my others (but knowing my history in the back of his mind).
    Wife to one great guy
    Mama to six pretty ladies: Scarlett (12), Penelope (9), Alice (3), Fiona (3), Lucille (16 mo.) & Coraline (16 mo.)

& 4 angels gone before us: Christian (7 wks), Amos (6 wks), Naomi (16.5 wks), & Hosanna (6 wks)

~We fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.~