Names Searched Right Now:
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by nono View Post
    My first thought was Eve, which was already mentioned. Has Nell been mentioned yet? I love Nell. It's similar in sound and style to Elle, but the vibe is a bit more vintage.

Maybe ...

Eleri
    Bryn
    Kay / Kaye
    Louisa (I love Lou or Lula as nicknames. If you don't like Louisa I think that either could work as a full name.)
    Reese
    Vale / Vail
    Lark
    Lorelei
    Liza
    Cleo
    Pearl (This is another one that feels similar to Elle to me, monosyllabic and ending in an L sound, but has a more vintage vibe.)
    Mariel
    Arden
    Calla
    Linnet (Emphasis on the first syllable rather than the second - LIN-nit rather than like the name Lynnette.)
    Bellamy
    Lena
    Aella
    Sela / Selah
    I REALLY like the name Eve, but I don't think it flows very well with our last name, unfortunately. Nell reminds me of the Jodie Foster movie where she grew up isolated and only spoke some weird language that she spoke with her twin when she was little. Either that or Little House on the Prairie. I can't wrap my head around it because I can't shake the image of those fictional characters! Of your list, I think I like Calla the best.

First of all, I want to say what I usually feel when I read these long threads -- you berries ARE amazing. Such great advice and such sensitive reassurance. Thank you all for being part of Nameberry!

And I agree with the posters who said that, in the end, you may feel as if this cloud has a really bright silver lining and that your friend did you a favor. While Elle is certainly lovely, there ARE an awful lot of Ellies, Ellas etc out there and you may arrive at a name you actually love more.

I have one more idea to add to all the great ones here. It's very out of the box and may feel too radical to you, but let it sink in a bit as it combines (I think) the best qualities of Elle and Lila: it's Lyle. Of course, an old-fashioned boy's name, but few boys have it any more (other than Lyle Lovett) but it has Elle's streamlined simplicity and Lila's double-l loveliness but it's really different and very very cool.
    Pam Satran
    Nameberry

Quote Originally Posted by evansma View Post
    I would definitely incorporate Elle into your dd name as a pp said..

Noelle is beautiful
    Annelle
    Giselle
    Stella/Estelle

I know that is not the same but it is a consideration. or even a name like Anna-Elle or Eliza-Elle or Harper Elle... I would use the name I love the most in her name regardless of someone else's actions:-)
    I agree. I would love to incorporate Elle into the name somehow, but I'm finding that it's a little bit tricky. It doesn't work on it's own as a middle name a lot of the time, but if I can find the perfect way to do it, I will!

Quote Originally Posted by pam View Post
    First of all, I want to say what I usually feel when I read these long threads -- you berries ARE amazing. Such great advice and such sensitive reassurance. Thank you all for being part of Nameberry!

And I agree with the posters who said that, in the end, you may feel as if this cloud has a really bright silver lining and that your friend did you a favor. While Elle is certainly lovely, there ARE an awful lot of Ellies, Ellas etc out there and you may arrive at a name you actually love more.

I have one more idea to add to all the great ones here. It's very out of the box and may feel too radical to you, but let it sink in a bit as it combines (I think) the best qualities of Elle and Lila: it's Lyle. Of course, an old-fashioned boy's name, but few boys have it any more (other than Lyle Lovett) but it has Elle's streamlined simplicity and Lila's double-l loveliness but it's really different and very very cool.
    They really are amazing, aren't they? They've given me a lot to think about, and it's been vey helpful! A HUGE thank you to all!

Quote Originally Posted by kmw1975 View Post
    I agree! I can't believe I never thought of Belle as a middle name before! I think I was looking at more traditional middle names. I was thinking Lila Jane, but then someone said that reminded them of the song "Sweet Little Liza Jane". Lila Jane never really sat right with me after that, even though I still think it's pretty. If I could have gone with Elle, it would have been Elle Marie. My friend who used the name Elle chose a different middle name at least, but I dont think it sounds as good. Plus, it gave her the initials EEW! I don't think she really thought that one through! But at least it made me laugh!
    Ha! That is so funny - so at least you got the last laugh, if you think about it!