Names Searched Right Now:
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Well, I never been in your position but think I could understand how difficult the situation is.
    What about Chloe Elle or Cerise Elle? Is it work?
    and Elle has a french origin, there is a lot of short and feminine french girl name that you can consider :
    Aline
    Celine
    Cerise
    Elise
    Felice
    Flo
    Giselle
    Helene
    Irene
    Lea
    Leone
    Lisette
    Luce
    Marie
    Nina
    Noelle
    Odette
    Last edited by c@29; February 9th, 2012 at 01:09 PM.

What about Belle? I think this name has nothing but positive associations and it means beautiful. It's soft and unique and what little girl wouldn't want to be named after a Disney Princess? Plus Belle is not a flake like some of the other ones. She likes to read and knows true beauty!

BUT, if you absolutely need to use Elle... do it! Talk to your friend about it. I had this happen to me when my good friend suddenly loved one of my favorite boy names. She acted like she didn't remember the conversation! And I'm talking about a very unique name. She honestly forgot where she got the idea! Some people really forget and then store it in their brain somewhere. Pregnancy hormones make you kind of crazy with stuff like that.
    Just know that Elle will not sound as unique as you think, especially with all the "Elle names" out there. You will hear Elle everywhere even if it is not their given name. It will only sound unique when you give someone the explanation that "Elle" is her given name and not short for something else. Anyway, just playing a little devil's advocate. There are so many beautiful girl names out there! You will fall in love again I'm sure. Plus, once you see your beautiful baby girl, HER name will be your favorite... I promise!

I am so sorry! Elle is such a great name! I like the name Lila but if you're worried about popularity I do know a couple young Lila's so its possible it's getting more popular.
    Here are some names that remind me of Elle...
    Camille
    Carrell
    Lena
    Alia
    Ulla
    Joy
    Nelia

I hope you find a name that you like as much as Elle!

You just have to name your baby Elle, if you like it so much. I don't give a fig whether she has a baby named Elle or not. Just do it.
    Psalm 23