Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Latest obsessions. Thoughts/Suggestions?

Well these are my latest obsessions. Thoughts? does anyone else like thses name?

Gilda
    I asked myself if i could ever like this name when i first saw it, nope. But now i think it's the sweetest, simplest name, it bears yellow daisys but also serious and to the point.

Cameo
    I usually dont like o ending names for girls, too masculine, but this one has a feminine feel through a friendly, happy side.

Saul
    Vaughn & Claude are favorite names and this one fits right in, i love its smooth sound.

Elanore
    Sophisticated and mannered.

Any genral thoughts on these names? what would you think if you met some one called one of these?
    thanks

Gilda - I'm not a fan at all, sorry. Anything that starts with 'Gil-' makes me think of fish, including Gilbert, which I know is a nameberry favorite, but I just can't get on board.

Cameo - This is one of my guilty pleasure names... I love it! It's the perfect blend of familiar sounds (like a smush of Cam/Camille and Harlow/Margo) but is still unique and unexpected. And it has this lovely vintage elegant feel, like a cameo brooch. If I ever met a little girl named Cameo I would find it stunning.

Saul - I love this too! First discovered 'Sol' as a nickname for Solomon which led me to plain old Saul, except there's nothing plain about him. I love the smooth sound and that it's an "undiscovered" Biblical name which means an agnostic such as myself could use it without feeling too weird about it. (:

Elanore - I like Eleanor, but I don't love it. This just looks like a mixed-up spelling of Eleanor to me, and while I don't think it's horrible, I also would roll my eyes if a little girl told me "My name is Elanore, E-L-A-N-O-R-E." Then again, these days you can't assume anything is spelled the way it traditionally was, so I always ask for spellings even on the simplest names. So I guess it's not that big a deal, I'm just a purist. (:
    k♥m
    mid-20s. grad student at AU.
    Leona · Vivian · Florence · Beatrix · Zelda
    August · Barnaby · Winston · Atlas · Milo

Absolutely love Saul! It is such a fantastic name, lovely sound, totally ageless with a beautiful meaning and very uncommon - name jackpot in my opinion. I too am obsessed
    ~My Name List~
    Saul, Arthur, Avery, Casper, Edmund, Gideon, Gabriel, Leo, Miles, Magnus, Ronan, Theodore, Tobias, Carlisle, Ignatius, Augustus, Peregrine.

Alice, Fable, Beatrix, Cecilia, Ramona, Arcadia, Avalon, Gretchen, Illyria, Astoria, Reverie, Seraphina, Esme, Yvaine.

Gilda - Not really a fan, I would much prefer Glenda

Cameo - I like this one! As greyer said, the cameo brooch connection makes it feel beautiful and classic.

Saul - Totally agree - it's got that classic biblical sound without being overused or over-religious.

Elanore - It's okay, but if you nickname Ella or Ellie, they'd get lost with the rest of them..

Gilda - Very sweet. Something about it makes me think of Germany in the 40s, in a perfectly good way.

Cameo - I think this looks a little masculine for some reason. I do like it, and I would be totally impressed if I met a little girl named this, but I wouldn't use it myself.

Saul - I really like this one. Like others have said, it's pretty much perfect, and I could totally see it blending in with more trendy names today. I also really like Saulo which might appeal to you. I first heard it last year in a book I was reading, and liked it ever since.

Elanore - You're pronouncing this El-uh-nor, rather than El-uh-nah, right? It's just that I've only ever met girls named Eleanor who pronounce it El-uh-nah, but then again, I've only ever met girls with the Eleanor spelling. It's only on Nameberry which I started hearing it with the -nor ending... or maybe it's just the American accent. I'm so confused! Anyway, it's OK. Never been in love with it, but it's a nice enough, respectable name.
    close to my heart ★ Billie Cordelia - Jemima Eilidh - May Margaret - Estella Agnes - Jessamine Martha
    Emmett Jack - Alec Huw - Wilfred Nicholas - Rufus Kielder - Harrison Tadhg - Robert Fox - Wes Oberon

unusable-beautiful; Virginia Eseld & Dolores Eithne . ''She was Lo, plain Lo, in the morning, standing four feet ten in one sock. She was Lola in slacks. She was Dolly at school. She was Dolores on the dotted line'. 'olivia; ''somewhat of an enigma'' (http://bigsistercomplex.tumblr.com/)