Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

First Name for NN Frankie on a Girl

Berries, can you think of any girl names that can have Frankie as a nn? Do you think it's a cute nn for a girl? All I can think of is Francesca. Would it work with Fiona, or is that a stretch? Any suggestions are very appreciated :-) Thanks so much!

Frances - my favourite of the possibilities
    Francesca
    Francia
    Francine
    Françoise

I personally think that Frankie as a nn for Fiona is a bit of a stretch.
    ~My Name List~
    Saul, Arthur, Avery, Casper, Edmund, Gideon, Gabriel, Leo, Miles, Magnus, Ronan, Theodore, Tobias, Carlisle, Ignatius, Augustus, Peregrine.

Alice, Fable, Beatrix, Cecilia, Ramona, Arcadia, Avalon, Gretchen, Illyria, Astoria, Reverie, Seraphina, Esme, Yvaine.

Franca
    Francisca (Spanish/Portuguese)
    Franziska (German)

Franca can also be spelled Franka.

I find just plain France kind of a bold interesting move. Might be safer as a middle name. Pretty, but there's the whole I see London, I see France, thing...

Francetta
    Francette
    Francina
    Freya (????) Maybe with a certain middle with sounds from the -nk part of Frankie, like, Freya Nicole.
    Fannia (a stretch, as its a variant of Fanny, another nickname for Frances, but, could work). Maybe give it an R middle name with a K sound too for good measure. Fannia Raquel?

Similarly:
    Franette
    Fanchette
    Francille
    Fransabelle
    Fanya

See here:
    http://nameberry.com/babyname/Frances

I also find Fiona nn Frankie a bit much, and I'm flexible on these things. At the same time, do what you want : D. People have nn's that have nothing to do with the name sometimes. I'm Jessica/Jess and went by Nina as a pet name for several years (although it never left the house/expanded beyond my parents).

I love all the suggestions,Thank you! And please keep em comin! I actually knew a girl named France (Fr-AH-nce) Claire, she was from...France haha! That's a very interesting option I hadn't thought of. I also like Frances, Freya, Francisca and Francetta. Could/Do you pronounce Francetta (Fran-CHE-ta)?