Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
    I would have been Herschel. Thank goodness for no male children!
    “And remember, my sentimental friend, that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others.” L. Frank Baum, The Wizard of Oz

I was almost named Skylar Bennett, but at the last second my name was changed to Bryan Scott. If I was a girl, I most likely would have been Brianna/Bryana/Bryanna.
    18-year-old, not-so-average boy with an obsession for baby names and animals.

My Favorite Names~

Girls: Astrid, Athena, Coraima, Courtenay, Darcy, Kassia, Kimarie, Lindsay, Maryelle, Misty, Promise, Saba, Shaylene, Sky, Thalia, Tifany, Zooey

Boys: Alexander, Bjorn, Blair, Dade, Erik, Fable, Garrett, Harvey, Indigo, Isaac, Kasey, Mark, Sage, Shane, Shea, Shepherd, Slade, Thatcher, Zane

Click here to vote on my name list!

My first name was supposed to be Amanda, but they couldn't think of a middle name they liked with it. So they asked my sister (who was 8 at the time) what to name me, and I became Jennifer Amanda. My parents hadn't seriously thought about boy names (they "knew" I was a girl) but my mom said she liked the name Christopher Michael. Funny thing is I became friends with TONS of people name Chris/Kris. Found that interesting!

I know Margaret was in the running for me as a girl. I think it would have suited me better than Jessica on a lot of levels (I do not dislike Jessica at all, I actively like several features of it, even, but it just has never fully fully "fit").

On the other hand, I wouldn't have cared for Maggie (it is fine, just not for me), and I have grown really fond of Jess, it fits very well. So...I'm happy it worked out as it did.

Had I been a Margaret, I might have gone for Margo as a nn, maybe Greta or Etta or something. Or maybe Mae/May. Maisie is sweet but not me.

Jesse was the top contendor for me as a boy, although I think Lance was batted around as well. Anyway, then Jessica came from Jesse.

I might have been Natalie or Rosalie, instead of Caroline, neither of which are really 'me' at all. If I had been a boy, then I would have been Paul after my Dad.

Annora Juliet, Elspeth, Verity, Zelda, Josephine, Marianne, Rosemary Constance
    Edmund Henry, Wesley, Jonah, Gilbert, August, Winston, Hugh Theodore