Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Hybrid View

Need a few ideas for a futuristic fiction story!

Okay, so I have a story about a girl, Fawkes Ryker, who was artificially created and can manipulate technology. Only days before she's to be 'sold', she manages to escape and resorts to selling drugs and doing jobs that have to do with technology. But, along the way, she almost gets caught by a cop who not only doesn't cuff her but falls in love with her while trying to figure out what the hell her enemy (the man who wanted to buy her/the cop's uncle) is trying to do. Because, while on one of her jobs to erase info on a company computer somewhere, she found his name along with 'clones', which is never a good sign.

But, anyway, I need names! Lots and lots of names! And because I need so many, I want a mixture of edgy, gentle, and anything in between, but they have to be futuristic like the ones from this post: http://nameberry.com/nametalk/thread...turistic-names
    The characters I need are as follows:
    The cop, male (more of an old, this day and age name since his parents were a little older)
    Aliases for the main character, Fawkes, who has light platinum blonde hair and vibrant green, slitted eyes. Very sly, holds grudges, and fights when necessary--and sometimes when it's not
    Many girl names and guy names, futuristic and current names that have a traditional ring to it. Also a couple of more cops, a few people Fawkes knows from the street--real names and aliases.

If you don't have any ideas for the guy or aliases for Fawkes, just try and give me some futuristic and current names that sound traditional. Because I have tons of characters that need names and I just can't find the perfect ones.

I like Quinn on a guy for your purposes. It sounds kinda edgy but is still somewhat traditional. Also, maybe:*
    *Dex
    *Jax
    Zephyr
    *Magnus
    Decimus
    Lark
    Beau
    Kieran
    Gavin
    Stellan
    And for girls:*
    Ever
    *Gaia
    Ione
    Lyra
    Juno
    Kalixta
    Calla
    Kitana

What time period are you going for? I think it would be a bit easier to come up with names that work if I knew how rooted to this time you wanted to be. Anyway, hope I could be helpful.

I was thinking the twenties or thirties, not too far in the future but far enough away that there's a significant difference in culture. People are able to genetically alter their bodies and plastic surgery good enough to change their entire appearance good enough to never be recognized. Today names are definitely part of the past, with shorter, edgier names. There are a few old styled families who stick to older, traditional names such as the ones we use today, in a way to preserve the history.
    So, in a nutshell, shorter names are the norm. Nicknames are the names these days.
    Does that somewhat explain it?

Lux
    Electra (possible alias)
    Nyx
    Tess
    Ever
    Fox
    Nyte
    Ara

I don't have any really good guy names at the moment, sorry!
    “I read books when I was a kid, lots of books. Books always seemed like magic to me. They took you to the most amazing places. When I got older, I realized I couldn't find books that took me to all the places I wanted to go. To go to those places, I had to write some books myself.”
    ― Pat Murphy, The Wild Girls

"Like everyone else, I am going to die. But the words – the words live on..."
    ― J. Michael Straczynski

Love the story idea!!!
    Now, on to the list of names. I hope I can be of help:

Alyn (used this and the two following in one of my own futuristic stories, about a society that pretty much runs by hypodermic injections. their knowledge, their medicine, their recreation all comes from the juices inside their syringes. wanted futuristicy names, too.)
    Zader (")
    Terris (")
    Uriah (these two are from one of my more Lord of the Rings type stories. might still work?)
    Ari (")
    Kaede (from the book Legend)
    Idris (from another one of my stories...)
    Perseus (just love this one...)
    Aura (thought these sounded good. no reason behind these)
    Ryker (")
    Jezmond (")
    Jacent (made this name up. mixture of Jason and Vincent...)
    Arrison (little sister's old imaginary friend. you could use Booga, too, I guess!)
    Loki (name of a god)
    Hera (")