Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

A new "Classic" fairy tale, Main Character needs a name.

I am writing a picture book which very much has a simular feel to classic fairy tales like Hansel and Grettal or Little Red Riding Hood.

The main character is a girl around 9 years old. My 5 year old wants her to be named Lisa. lol But I'm not sure I'm feeling that.

What do you think about Lettie?
    Wanting to be pregnant.

I don't love it..but it seems to fit the nameberry style..so I'm sure some mamaberries will approve..

I think Lettie is really cute! It has that same feel that it seems like you're going for. Maybe Clara, Tessa, Millie, or Olive, too?

Good luck!

Lettie is adorable!
    Amy
    Writer. Future Mommy. Name Lover.
    River Matthew, Shepherd Alexander, Casper Joaquin, Sebastian/Thatcher Ambrose, August Charles
    Oceana Lily, Avocet Dorothea, Hazel Victoria, Flora Penelope

Lettie is incredibly cute, and I think that it fits the vibe you described perfectly. I think another positive for Lettie is that it sort of seems to fit into the sweet spot of being not commonly used but sounding similar to other names that are more popular or more well-known - Hattie seems to be making a small surge at the moment and could possibly be on its way up, and Violet is rather trendy right now as well.

Would the character's full name be Lettie, or would it be short for something like Violet, Letitia, Lettice, or Juliet? I think that there are a lot of full name options for Lettie. Not that a full name would be neccessary in this particular situation.