Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Cal?

Cal?

What do you think of Cal, and what do you think is the best way to get to it?

Calvin is lovely, but I have a bit of an aversion to it for personal reasons. Calum / Callum (which spelling)? Callahan? Calhoun? Callaway / Calloway? Calder? Something else entirely?

I've been liking Callahan myself lately. I also really like Callum, spelled with two L's.

Callum! I love it!

I love the nn Cal! I think if I wanted to use the nn, I'd probably opt for Calvin, but I do like Callum and Callan a lot, as well.

I also have tossed around the idea of Caleb, nn Cal, just because I don't like Cale and my poor sons would be left out because my daughters would likely get nns (Isabelle nn Belle, Arianne nn Ari, Olivia nn Liv, etc.) and I tend to like boys' names without nicknames... but it is a bit farfetched.

Good luck!
    Ashley
    twenty-something namenerd and aspiring novelist

Isabelle + Arianne + Olivia + Violet + Charlotte + Emmeline + Eleni + Grace + Audrey + Eva + Catherine + Tess + Zoe
    Caleb + Everett + Jack + Avery + Samuel + Zane + Brody + Declan + Caspar + Grant + Rory + Thomas + Peter

I think Calvin is lovely and I do prefer it to Callum, just because Callum is a well used boys name in the UK and somewhat dated. Although I do know the most gorgeous 4 year old named Callum, and he goes by Cal a lot of the time.

I think Caleb nn Cal would be nice too, or Callan.

I can't think of anything else, sorry.
    Future Little Prince
    Isaac - Solomon - Barnaby - Atticus - Ezekiel - Augustin - River - Jacoby - Castiel - Xavier

Future Little Princess
    Florentina - Matilda - Theodora - Evangeline - Beatrix - Olwen - Jovi - Seraphina - Maeve - Clementine