Names Searched Right Now:
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    I always liked my named growing. It's short, sweet and easy to spell and say. The only problem was I only knew 2 other female Erin's growing up. All the other Aaron's I knew were boys. lol.

Honestly, I'm not a fan of Florence, but I think Flora is very pretty. It sounds more feminine to me. It's also a more modern way to honor your grandmother.
    My name is Erin. I am 22 years old and I have loved baby names since I was 10.

Girl names: Juliet Grace, Madeline Hope, Stella Bridget, Emilia Ruby, Clara ?, Fiona Lily, Bridget Amelia, Lydia Charlotte, Eliza Phoebe, Tabitha ?

Boy names: Jonathan Rhys, Roman Isaiah, Joel ?, Liam Anthony, Dawson Cole, Leeland Gabriel, Greyson Jeremiah, Wesley ?, Quinn ?, Griffin Miles,

I disliked my name growing up. It's Tara. Next to my sister's very classic name, with many nickname options, I did feel like I got the short end of the stick. We have a very big age gap, so it makes sense that our parent's taste changed & trends changed as well. I thought my name was tacky next to my sister's, I hated that it was always misheard (Sarah? Karen? Cara? Terry? Ugh.) and it had no nickname options. Now I am fine with my name. It's part of me.

I used to hate my name growing up! Well, maybe not hate, but I got irritated that no one ever understood it.
    "My names Larissa."
    "Marissa?"
    "No, Larissa."
    "Oh, Carissa."
    "No, no. Larissa, with an L."

:P
    Then I got over it and realized how awesome it is to have a legitimate, beautiful, and not-too-odd name. I adore my name!
    ~Larissa

~ Giving up Nameberry for Lent; See you on the 14th of April! ~

I love my name now, but back then I HATED it. My name is Sabrina, and it was very rare back then.

I could never find anything personalized, no one knew how to spell it (still get this sometimes today or even how to say it). I was ALWAYS associated with Teenage Witch something I despise still.

I do like the movie and poem though. I grew to love my name for it's classic yet unusual quality still.

Now a days I get called different names its funny never used to back then. I've been called these: Savannah (newest one), Samantha, Serena (oddly no Selena yet), Marina, Katrina (I think?), Bree (I NEVER go by this, but the man only caught the "bree" part of my name and asked if it was my name, lol). Other oneds I forgot! but they were weird.
    Last edited by sabrinafair; July 12th, 2013 at 08:37 PM.
    Current Favorite Names
    ♀ Denver : Maleficent : Tigerlily : Wednesday
    ♂ Brooklyn : Clyde: : Disney : Elias : Galilee : Juniper

I think Florence is great! There are so many nn options too just in case she has any issues with it sounding "too old" when she's little.
    My SO and I both have common names. His is #1 these days so we hear it everywhere! It doesn't bother him nearly as much as my name bothers me. I had a nn in HS but just felt like I wanted to go with my full name as I got older.
    It was really important for me that our kids had less common names. Not made up or completely off the charts, but uncommon enough that their chances of meeting others with their names were greatly decreased.
    Mama to ~Rowan Josephine 1/12~
    and ~Teagan Dahlia~ 5/13~