Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Help! Struggling to choose a final name...

My husband and I seem to have narrowed our list to three options. Our baby girl is due March 15th. Thought about our final choices?

A) Eva Kate (after my grandmother and mother-in-law)
    B) Josie Grace (just because we like it...)
    C) Elliott Grace (could call her Ellie or Elle)

I like them in this order:
    1. Josie Grace - Prefer Josephine, nn Josie though.
    2. Eva Kate

2103980. Elliott Grace - Elliott is a boy's name. Please don't name your girl this.

Actually, click to Elliott and scroll down! It is also listed as a girls name, although I agree - mostly it's used for boys... That's exactly our hesitation with it. I think some boy names make cute tomboyish sounding girl names. I'm not a girlie-girl myself, pretty athletic. THANK YOU for the opinion, though. We're definitely looking for feedback!

It's listed there as a possible crossover name, but I can't stand it on a girl. I thank Scrubs for that. I really think Josephine would be great because you could use the tomboyish nns Jo or Joey.

1 Eva Kate - Eva would be a lovely classic choice and I think Kate gives it some spunk!

2 Josie Grace - Josie is too nicknamey for my taste. Josephine Grace would be preferable and use Josie as the nn.

3 Elliott Grace - I don't really like this name for a boy either. I find the trend of using traditionally masculine names on girls somewhat disturbing. I really don't understand the attraction. If you decide to go with this name, I would spell it Eliette which is a legitimate feminine name.
    Last edited by mischa; January 19th, 2012 at 02:40 PM.
    All the best,
    Mischa.