Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    I posted a thread "Unexpected names from Film Noir" a little while ago. Which fits this theme.
    http://nameberry.com/nametalk/thread...from-Film-Noir

Character names
    Sam and Spade – iconic Bogart character from Maltese Falcon. I kind of like the alliteration and was thinking it almost makes a great fn/mn combo.
    Thursby – as in Floyd Thursby also a character from Maltese Falcon.
    EffieLOVE this as a nn. also Maltese Falcon
    Phyllis - as in the femme fatal Phyllis Dietrichson from Double Indemnity.
    Norma DesmondDesmond is usually all male to me but combined with an old classic like Norma I kind of like it as a mn for a spunky girl. Such a great combo from Sunset Blvd.

Actors/Writers/Directors:
    Orson - Orson Welles
    Hedda - Hedda HopperHedda could be a great alternative to the popularity gaining Hattie.
    Astor – as in Mary Astor and the unrelated Gertrude Astor.
    Wallace - as in Wallace Ford
    Loretta - Loretta Young
    Hedy - Hedy Lamar - She needs little introduction but could Hedy be a 1940's classy alternative to the Hattie?
    CONSTRUCTION ZONE!!!
    maybe Endora, Dexter, Gideon & Lorelei
    Newlywed (Not TTC...yet)

My own personal favourites:

Girls:
    Ingrid (Bergman): My all-time favourite girls name and Miss Bergman certainly has something to do with it. She's in my top 5 of favourite actresses and she was just so lovely and incredibly talented.
    Anouk (Aimee): Along with the nickname Anoushka which is just the sweetest. Also, Anouk Aimee's performance in 8 1/2 is one of my favourite performances of all time, she captures that role with utter perfection.
    (Greta) Garbo: Greta is a bit too harsh-sounding, but Garbo isn't a bad name at all. Imagine having the last name of one of the most skilled actresses in the world, as your middle name. I think that would be pretty damn cool.
    Olivia (De Havilland): The name Olivia actually always gives me an immediate association to Olivia De Havilland.
    Katharine (Hepburn): I would name my daughter Katharine without blinking, and I would make her sit through Kate Hepburn's entire filmography so she could come to appreciate her incredible namesake.
    Mary (Pickford): Silent film screen legend, who wouldn't want to be named after her.
    Rosalind (Russell): Her way of pronouncing her name, is the only right way in my opinion.
    Moira (Shearer): Her performance in The Red Shoes is one of my favourites of all time.
    Hedy (Lamarr): Preferring it as a nickname for Hester or Hedwig (which was Lamarr's real name).

Boys:
    (Errol) Flynn: Prefer Flynn over Errol (aka the Weasleys poor owl).
    Elvis (Presley): I probably wouldn't call my child Elvis, however, it's a really great name.
    Archibald (Alexander Leach/Cary Grant): One of my absolute favourite boys names and obviously my favourite male Old Hollywood actor has something to do with just that. Imagine having an Ingrid and an Archibald and then having them watching the two flawless films that are Notorious and Indiscreet.
    Zelia/Elja • Twenty • Film, history and royalty connoisseur • I have a blog and a royalty blog.
    Exporting beautiful old Danish names, exotic Greenlandic names and Greenlandic sibling names.
    Henry Ásgeirr Edmund • Amaury Charles Fyodor "Theo" • Alexander Adelin Lórien "Sasha" • Asa Elessar/Valdemar Ivik
    Cosima Ingrid Zenobia "Mimi" • Matilda Ivalo Galadriel "Tilda" • Gaia Margaret Undómiel • Juno Catherine Françoise "Shazza"

Vivian, Clark, Gable, and Greta all come to mind. Sabrina, as in the Audrey Hepburn character; Charlie and Chaplin, as in the silent screen star. I think old Hollywood I think: Lillian (Gish), Jean (Seberg and Shrimpton), Edie (Sedgwick), Clara (Bow), Louise (Brooks), Myrna (Loy), Fay (Wray), Gene (Tierney), Bette (Davis), Marlene (Deitrich), Marion (Davies), Veronica (Lake), Lucille (Ball), Mary (Pickford and Astor), Betty (Grable), Loretta (Young), Judy (Garland)...a lot of these last names are usable as well.

Matilda Sailor or Faye Matilda | Sylvie Winifred or Simon Atlas | Atlas Dov or Alice Violetta | Lucien Wilde or Lucinda Jane | Jane Lucinda or Jack Mariner | Marlowe Charles or Roscoe Thomas | Charles ' Charlie' Wallace or Marigold 'Maggie' Wynn | Eloise Lily or Elliot Darwin | Iris Cordelia or Thea Marina | Jasper Augustus or Juniper 'June' Lovelace | Julian Felix or Judah 'Jude' Reeve

Just a grad student dreaming ahead...

Female
    Marlena (Marlene Dietrich)
    Marlene would get pronounced mar-leen though, not mar-layna and her real name was Marie Magdalene (swoon)
    Marnie (Hitchcock character)
    Bette (Davis)
    Lana (Turner)
    Lillian (Gish)
    Loretta (Young)
    Rita (Hayworth)
    Elise or Elyse
    Charisse (Cyd Charisse real name Tula Ellice)
    Pier (Angeli) real name Anna Maria
    Marisa (Pavan) twin of Pier Angeli, real name Maria Luisa
    Louise (Brooks)
    Jean (Harlow) real name Harlean
    Joan
    Marjorie
    Maureen
    Irene
    Dorothy
    Dolores
    Kathleen
    Barbara
    Brigitta
    Alma
    Hester
    Yvonne
    Patricia
    Priscilla

Male
    Spencer (Tracy)
    Laurence (Olivier)
    Orson (Welles)
    Marlon (Brando)
    Charlton (Heston)
    Grant (as in Cary Grant)
    Raymond (Burr)
    Vincent
    Victor
    Walter
    Martin
    Sidney
    Warren
    Conrad
    Montgomery
    Noel
    Alec
    Roger
    Holden
    Drake

The first thing that comes to my mind is Marilyn (: We were considering about naming our daughter that but went against it. We hate the nickname possibilities with it.
    Proud Momma to my son Luca Patrick. I'm currently pregnant with Veronica Kristen (Ronnie) due April 5