Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Names you liked in the past that are completely different your current naming style?

As you can see from my signature, I love names that fall in the "classic unusual" and "classic eccentric" categories. However, I distinctly remember that when I was around four or five years old, my favorite names were Emily, Monica, and Melissa! (I apparently didn't care about boys names back then).

By middle school, when I really got interested in names, my taste started to tend toward the types of names I like now. But clearly, when I was in preschool/kindergarten, my taste was quite different!

Do you remember any names you liked as a child, or even in the more recent past, that are totally different than the types of names you like now?
    Current Favorites

Adeline, Annabel, Cecily, Clara, Clementine, Cressida, Daphne, Eliza, Flora, Georgiana, Gemma, Hyacinth, Isa, Imogen, Juliet, Lila, Livia, Matilda, Ophelia, Persephone, Sabrina, Tamsin, Verona, Violet

Alastair, Asher, Callum, Caleb, Colin, Dorian, Felix, Florian, Gavin, Hallam, Inigo, Julian, Lionel, Marius, Nigel, Noel, Oliver, Raphael, Sebastian, Silas

Current furry children: Clover, Snowshoe, Avalon, Puck, Panda, Winona

Expecting a [tbd] c. August 19, 2013!!

I actually didn't get interested into names until quite recently, but as you can see from my user lists, my first names and middle names are completely different style-wise. Compare my girls list in my signature to my combo list Calla Combos With Unusual/Rare Middles. ..........Am I Hopelessly Hipster?

Current loves:
    thomasina louise, percival hugh

. ∙ ˙ . ∙ ˙  ✶  . ∙ ˙ . ∙ ˙

♥  ❝Words have meaning and names have power.❞

Balloonsforellie, I love many of the names in your lists! Maybe I'm missing something, but how do I differentiate between your choices for first and middle?
    Current Favorites

Adeline, Annabel, Cecily, Clara, Clementine, Cressida, Daphne, Eliza, Flora, Georgiana, Gemma, Hyacinth, Isa, Imogen, Juliet, Lila, Livia, Matilda, Ophelia, Persephone, Sabrina, Tamsin, Verona, Violet

Alastair, Asher, Callum, Caleb, Colin, Dorian, Felix, Florian, Gavin, Hallam, Inigo, Julian, Lionel, Marius, Nigel, Noel, Oliver, Raphael, Sebastian, Silas

Current furry children: Clover, Snowshoe, Avalon, Puck, Panda, Winona

Expecting a [tbd] c. August 19, 2013!!

I've loved names for as long as I can remember, and my first loves were '80s and '90s names that were common among my friends. Jamie was my deepest love, a name I got from my doll who came pre-named, and remains one of my top 3 contenders for a future daughter. I still do love names from that era, so I can't say my style has changed much (though it has VASTLY broadened to include nickname names and literary names, etc.), but several of my first loves have passed. Names that I no longer love anymore include Michelle (because I met a pretty bad one) and Alyssa (<< I thought this was the epitome of beauty but now consider it bland). Still, if I met babies today with most of the names on my childhood name list, I'd think their parents had pretty fantastic taste. Unfortunately (or fortunately?), it seems that nobody shares my love for the nostalgic '90s names!

Porcelain and Pink are all fn's and all the middles are in the second list. I picked Calla to put as a fn in the combo list.

Current loves:
    thomasina louise, percival hugh

. ∙ ˙ . ∙ ˙  ✶  . ∙ ˙ . ∙ ˙

♥  ❝Words have meaning and names have power.❞