Names Searched Right Now:

View Poll Results: Edward For a girls name?

Voters
199. You may not vote on this poll
  • Love IT!

1 0.50%
  • Nuetral

7 3.52%
  • Hate It!

191 95.98%
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Wink Edward as a Girls name?

okay, so my husband and I have been thinking about this name for a couple of years and we want to name our first daughter edward. yes it is currently a boys name, but wasnt ashley a boys name? or spencer? riley? jodie? Jordan?

would love some feedback... thanx

Hate, esp with twilight craze this one is all man to me. Sexy vamp man man man.

Can you please explain the attraction of using Edward for a girl? I'm trying to understand the logic of your choice. Is it perhaps a family name? It really doesn't sound like a girls name at all unlike Ashley, Jodie and Riley with their more softer endings. I often think that parents are choosing more and more masculine first names for their girls just for the shock value. Also, I would wonder what you would name a boy if you have a girl named Edward? I would advise you to reconsider your choice before making your final decision because you should be prepared for a lot of negative reactions.
    Last edited by mischa; January 17th, 2012 at 02:01 PM.
    All the best,
    Mischa.

No, this is not good. Please do not subject your daughter to this. Maybe Edwina? I can't think of anything else similar to Edward that is feminine. If you name her Edward she will go through life with everyone thinking she is a male. I would wonder if my parents gave me a boy's name because they really wanted a boy. Like Mischa said, I hope you will reconsider.

Yeah, I agree with everyone who says this is a bad idea, because it is. Boys names for girls are fine if they don't sound very masculine in the first place. Some girl's I know with boy's names are Charlie (sp. Charleigh), Dani, Cory, and Jordie. Notice a trend here? The girly ie sound! Edward is just too entirely masculine for a girl, sorry. Maybe Edith or Edlyn instead?
    Crushes: Casper & Isobel.