Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    My 4 yr old's name is Ewan. We have had people call him Ee-wahn when reading his name, however, they are usually easily corrected. I have more trouble when making introductions! I have found that people change names they don't know into the closest name they do know! So, when I say this is Yew-an, they say back You-ing. I guess between Ewing, NJ & Patrick Ewing, they can deal with that name better than Ewan!

I would have thought more people would know Ewan McGreggor! But Star Wars fans have no problem with the name at all!

Los Angeles
    Are there people who don't know who Ewan Mcgregor is these days?... Travesty.

Some might have an issue at first upon reading it, but I think once told how to pronounce it, they would be on board very quickly. It's a great name!
    Mama to ~Rowan Josephine 1/12~
    and ~Teagan Dahlia~ 5/13~

Liverpool, England
    Quote Originally Posted by ashthedreamer View Post
    Euan/Iwan/Ewan = YOU-an

Eoin = OH-in

I know everyone here is familiar with Ewan because of Ewan McGregor but I can't speak for the states I'm afraid.
    Last edited by renrose; April 25th, 2013 at 04:28 PM.

★ August Eli Benedict ★ Bram ★ Casimir Mordecai ★ Edmond John Meirion ★ Gillon ★
    ★ Jory Leander ★ Julian Charles ★ Macsen ★ Magnus ★ Vasiliy ★

★ Aira Rose ★ Arietta ★ Clover ★ Delphina ★ Eleni ★ Fiorella ★ Hester Isobel ★
    ★ Iris ★ Lilah ★ Merit ★ Sylvia ★

Sorry to anyone who read TSI. First draft was terrible. Second drafting now.

I just asked my hubby and he said AY-wawn. Think more people would be familiar with Ewan McGregor
    mom to Mckinley Mayfair, Christian Wayne & Sir Angus Fionn
    fave girls
    fave boys
    fave combos
    just for fun combos

Well I'm American and I don't know Ewan McGregor, so my first thought was ew (I like in ewwwwww) -an