Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Can people pronounce Ewan?

My husband and I agree on very few names. This week is Ewan.

Do you think the average joe will pronounce it correctly?

Lately I have very low expectations of peoples intelligence... I'd feel terrible if my son spent his life as Ee- wahn.
    I type on an iPhone and take no responsibility for typos, auto-correction, or strange grammar in my posts.

I don't think pronunciation would be that big of an issue. It makes me think of Ewan McGregor and I am sure a lot of people would think of him as well and know how to pronounce the name

♥ Clara Dean Lucy Dominic ♡

Feel free to ask me anything about saints names

I have a friend who just named his son this- I think it's a great name, and I don't have any trouble with the pronunciation (but, I am smarter than your average bear)

How is it pronounced? My first thought is YOU-wahn, but I've never been sure I've been pronouncing Ewan and Eoin right... I think it is handsome and charming.

I polled my family, and my dad and littlest sister thought it was EE-won first, and my dad thought maybe YOU-win, too. My mom said EH-wan or EE-wan, and my grandmother said AY-win. My grandma and my parents are from all over, but we currently live in eastern-central Pennsylvania. I thought more people would say it right, but I'm guessing the pronunciation would be butchered, thanks to their pronunciations.

Good luck!
    Ashley
    twenty-something namenerd and aspiring novelist

Isabelle Aurora Grace | Caleb Elias Joseph | Arianne Eleanor Daisy | Everett Joshua Charles
    Olivia Wren Camille | Jack August Wilder | Violet Ophelia Claire | Avery Ian George

would the spelling Euan help you?