Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Are we REALLY that mismatched?

I need some opinions. I told a friend of mine the other day about my siblings and their names, and she chuckles and says, 'Those names have nothing to do with eachother!'. It's not something I ever really thought, nor cared about (I think sibsets are overrated, IMO), but I want to know what you guys think.
    The names my parents picked were:
    Brianna Leigh
    Genae Elizabeth
    Joel Tyler
    Marissa Desiree (me)

Keep in mind that we born in the mid 80's/early 90's.

Opinions?
    Last edited by rissadesiree; January 12th, 2012 at 04:58 PM.

The only one that really stands out is Genae. It has kind of an odd spelling and the style doesn't quite match. Other than that, they are all fine together. And really, Genae isn't that far out there. I think sibsets are overated, too.
    Currently loving Kylie, Emlyn, Maddox, Britton, Ryan, Kassie, Piper, Amelia, Addison, Berkeley, Hadley, Rory, Bryn, Bristol, Willow, Carter, Scout, Guinevere, Calla, and Hunter for girls and Aiden, Luke, Theodore, Jack, Mason, Jonah, Cooper, Jasper, Brody, Grayson, Emmet, Dorian, Bronson, Brockamp, Brady, Carter, Trig, Track, Bereich, and Paxson for boys.

The only one that doesn't really fit is Genae, but Brianna & Marissa seem like '80s/'90s names, and Joel is a little on the dated side (maybe '70s?) but not too much, so its timelessness works well with your name & Brianna. I know a few girls born in the late '80s and early '90s with names like Ginette & Genoa, so Genae doesn't seem that far off, I guess.
    I don't think you're too mismatched... not really at all, actually.
    Lucia
    Eleanora, Iluna, Iris, Sela, Seraphine
    Balthazar, Bastian, Caius, Felix, Gideon

I don't think they sound mismatched at all!

I dont think you are that mismatched but I think the matching "sibset" trend is a little ridiculous. If you like a name and its decent then give it to your child. theres nothing wrong with having classic names with trendy names, or out there names with common ones imo.
    Josephine Athénaïs - Josephine Ivy - Myriam Athénaïs - Vivienne Josephine
    Athena Beatrice - Beatrice Cecile - Eleanor Anne-Sophie -Myriam Beatrice - Meredith Elizabeth
    Ambrose Aristide - Ulysses Aristide

Girls: Bérangère, Bérénice, Honorine, Mazarine Boys: Augustin, Emeric, Hugo, Lambert, Lucien, Maxence, Yves