Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Yeah, it really never bothered me at all. We all had our separate personalities, so I never cared who was named what. I say if you like a variety of names, go for it. Personally, sibsets like 'Sophia, Madelyn, and Abigail' are trying too hard to go for the same theme, IMO.

And I'd like to point out that there is a story behind Genae's name. My grandmother was named Geneva, but for some reason didn't want any grandchildren named after her (dang it!), and my dad kind of did a roundabout with it, naming her after a girl he met while driving busses.

I don't think they are mismatched at all. Genae is definitely less usual, but it makes sense as it's similar to Danae which was fairly popular at the time, and a reasonable step past Jennifer which would have been getting a bit old by the end of the 80s. Your parents did a nice job.
    My March arrival:
    Dulcinea Tesla
    We call her Daisy
    in honor of my mom.

Ahh, your reply hadn't loaded when I posted my reply. Great story about Genae's name.
    My March arrival:
    Dulcinea Tesla
    We call her Daisy
    in honor of my mom.

I don't think they are terribly mismatched! Not like me and my sister (and much younger half brother... not sure if he counts): Sierra, Holly & Caleb. My name is trendy, overly pretty and feels insubstantial, just fluff. Holly is 70's (she was born in 90), overly cutesy and very theme-y. Caleb is a solid, biblical name. Our names have next to nothing in common! And you know what is funny? My parents were going to name Holly Selena, until she ended up being born so close to christmas. Sierra and Selena would have tipped the scales in the complete opposite direction into the wayyy too matchy category!

Overall, Brianna, Marissa and Joel really go together and the sound of Genae does, too. It seems to just be the appearance that seems off.

Sierra Ann
    No babies yet, just novel babies!
    Charlie, August, Jonas, Lincoln, Beckett, Whittaker
    Aurelie, Carolina, Lorelei, Selah, Annelie, Coralie
    http://distinctivelyknown.tumblr.com

I don't think any stand out. They've all got that 80's trendy vibe IMO.