Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Ash, you are spot on with my thoughts. My favorites are Lily Caroline (although, like you, it strikes me that Lily is much more popular) and Alice Caroline, and my husband's fave is Violet Caroline. I have a weird problem with Violet, though it's obvs very pretty, I think of the word "violent." Makes no sense, but it happens. I like Penelope, but hubs had a bad association with Penny, and we call my dad Poppy (which was a fave) so I'd like to avoid those. Verity I had totally forgotten about! It was on the short list for Isla. I'll keep that in mind. Felicity is very pretty. Anna's always been a favorite but Anna & Isla are a little to similar for me. Annabel was a poodle in the family. Anyway -- thank you! Good input.

Yes -- my problem with Violet (along with the fact that it sounds like violent, per my post above), is the long "i" sound is so similar to "Isla." Thank you!!

Thanks! Honor is getting added to the list. A lot of your other options are on-point but have some personal points against them (i.e. my hubs is Gary, so I'd rather not have "Gary" and "Mary" in the same fam, I'm Katherine & don't want to do the first-generation pass down, my 1st cousin is Emily, Freya's a BFF's daughter, etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by katseaborn View Post
    Ash, you are spot on with my thoughts. My favorites are Lily Caroline (although, like you, it strikes me that Lily is much more popular) and Alice Caroline, and my husband's fave is Violet Caroline. I have a weird problem with Violet, though it's obvs very pretty, I think of the word "violent." Makes no sense, but it happens. I like Penelope, but hubs had a bad association with Penny, and we call my dad Poppy (which was a fave) so I'd like to avoid those. Verity I had totally forgotten about! It was on the short list for Isla. I'll keep that in mind. Felicity is very pretty. Anna's always been a favorite but Anna & Isla are a little to similar for me. Annabel was a poodle in the family. Anyway -- thank you! Good input.
    I am glad you liked Verity! I have the exact same problem with Penelope, lol! I don't have kids yet, but when I do, they'll call my dad Poppy, and I've never been crazy about Penny. I do like Lola, though, and Ella and Nell could be other options, if you want to like Penelope.

Good luck!
    Ashley
    twenty-something namenerd and aspiring novelist

Isabelle Aurora Grace | Caleb Elias Joseph | Arianne Eleanor Daisy | Everett Joshua Charles
    Olivia Wren Camille | Jack August Wilder | Violet Ophelia Claire | Avery Ian George

OK Berries!

The hubs nixed Lydia. Revised list below. Any thoughts? I've been leaning Hallie Caroline -- Isla & Hallie? Thoughts? FYI, we take a list of 10 with us to the hospital & then choose after kiddo is born so we can see what he / she looks like first, so this is about as narrowed down as we'll get, although I'll have favorites throughout pregnancy, of course, and there's "a lot of football left to play."

Violet
    Eloise
    Alice
    Hallie
    Juliet
    Lily
    Verity
    Jemma
    Annie
    Matilda (Tilly)