Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Elsa? WDYT??

Elsa? WDYT??

I was very surprised my husband put this on the list. I can't stop thinking about it. I have never known anyone with this name old or young, no one at all. It sounds so cute to me yet refined. Like a German Emma?

What does it make you think of?
    Is it too German to pull off? We have an Italian last name...
    Does it sound awful with Evan? Too matchy?

I love it!!!!!
    Mama to Judah David, born November 2012 <3

Alexia Mae, Biblical Baby Name Guru
    http://www.babynamesfromthebible.com/

I think Elsa would be quite lovely with an Italian surname. If you don't mind your two children having the same initial, I don't find Evan and Elsa too bad together (it's not like you'd be calling your daughter Eva). We live in a multicultural society so a mix of Welsh and German names isn't too hard to imagine. You can look at it this way: Evan is Welsh for John and Elsa is a German form of Elizabeth. So really they're both from the same style family (Biblical/Traditional) but with a little extra twist! Evan and Elsa. The more I say them the more I like them.
    All the best,
    Mischa.

I really like it, I don't think it sounds too German, but if this is a concern, then why not consider Ailsa as well? It sounds very similar but is more english sounding. I know someone called Ailsa and most people pronounce it much like Elsa anyway.
    Names I love at the moment:
    Alfred ♥ Arthur ♥ Eric ♥ Mortimer ♥ Victor
    Atia ♥ Elinor ♥ Guinevere ♥ Gwendolen ♥ Lilith

I love the name Elsa Its on my short girls list. I however am not a huge fan of it with Evan.
    ♥ Maria

~ Lydia Juliette ~ Emmeline Sophia ~ Elodie Violet ~ Georgia Ivy ~ Isla Winter ~ Felicity Joy ~ Ivy Primrose ~ Etta Caroline ~ Tallulah Kate ~ Penelope Iris ~

~ Eli Cruz ~ Jasper Quinn ~ Dexter Cruz ~ Remy Alistair ~ Leo Cruz ~ Alister Quinn ~ Quentin Alistair ~ Roman Cruz ~ Nico Alistair ~ Nathaniel Quinn ~