Names Searched Right Now:

Threaded View

For me, its nicknames as given names. Maggie, Gracie, Nate, Ben, Tommy, Jimmy, Katie, Libby, Evie, Alfie, Archie, Theo, etc., etc... there are so many of them and more and more people are considering them without fuller names! I just don't understand that trend at all. There are only three names (at least, that I can think of off-hand) that I would actually consider using that are diminutives/nicknames: Jack (because I utterly refuse to contribute to the John frenzy in my family tree! Besides, if my brother wants to have a 4th--he's a 3rd--then he can have John/Johnny and I can have Jack. ), Kate (but only as a MN... because Arianne Eleanor Catherine is way to long. Just Kate honors more family pretty much equally, too), and Tess (because, for some reason, it just stands on its own for me. I can see a Tess as a businesswoman just as equally as I can see a Grace. Tess and Gracie just aren't on the same level to me. Tessie would be another story, though...).

Other random names:

Jasper (I can see this on an old man, but not on a baby/kid/teen. Does that count?)
    Lacey (I can't imagine a Grandma Lacey. I wish I could, because I love the name, but I just can't.)
    Zoe/Chloe (I don't even know why, because these names go way back. But I can't picture them past a seven-year-old)