Names Searched Right Now:
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by beanie View Post
    I'm a Melissa, and I'm WAY older than 23! Along with Amy, Melissa was a hip name in the late 60's where I grew up in Texas. Come to think of it, I'm named after a great-grandmother whose father was a Confederate cavalryman, so it's a pretty old name. But anyway, this question of names that don't age well made me laugh because I was trying to imagine a little kid saying, "Grandma Brandi? Can I have a cookie?" LOL!
    I live in the UK and have only met one Melissa, granted being 23 I still have time to meet more. It's more of an 80's name than a 60's name here...I think. Or maybe it's just less common Wales.
    I do like the name (it means honey bee doesn't it?),I suppose I just see the Melissa I know when I think of the name.(far too many I's in there sorry!).

Quote Originally Posted by hayley88 View Post
    I live in the UK and have only met one Melissa, granted being 23 I still have time to meet more. It's more of an 80's name than a 60's name here...I think. Or maybe it's just less common Wales.
    I do like the name (it means honey bee doesn't it?),I suppose I just see the Melissa I know when I think of the name.(far too many I's in there sorry!).
    Thanks! It does mean "honey bee" or a regular bee or some kind of bee. My husband is from England, and I've never heard him mention any friends or family members named Melissa, so I guess it was a more popular name over here. When visiting in England, I got a kick out of hearing my name said with a slight "r" at the end, as in "Melisser". Off topic, but my husband and I both love Wales very much. The countryside looks like heaven opened up and spilled on the Earth. )

Quote Originally Posted by beanie View Post
    my husband and I both love Wales very much. The countryside looks like heaven opened up and spilled on the Earth. )
    Probably the most poetic thing anyone has ever said on Nameberry. Now I really want to visit Wales!

Daisy. I love the idea of a little girl named Daisy, but really dislike the idea of an adult one.
    proud aunt to
    Liam Joseph (b. 5/8/2006)
    Aurore Brynn (b. 10/13/2012)

Piper! I cannot imagine an adult Piper for the life of me. I've even met one and the idea of anyone above the age of 12 named Piper still boggles my mind.
    18-year-old, not-so-average boy with an obsession for baby names and animals.

My Favorite Names~

Girls: Astrid, Athena, Coraima, Courtenay, Darcy, Kassia, Kimarie, Lindsay, Maryelle, Misty, Promise, Saba, Shaylene, Sky, Thalia, Tifany, Zooey

Boys: Alexander, Bjorn, Blair, Dade, Erik, Fable, Garrett, Harvey, Indigo, Isaac, Kasey, Mark, Sage, Shane, Shea, Shepherd, Slade, Thatcher, Zane

Click here to vote on my name list!