Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by mrskips View Post
    Thats really funny a lot of the names you have mentioned I know adults with those names
    I agree, I know quite a few Lindsays (various spellings), Kayla's, Cameron's and Jimmy's and I never thought their names were childish.

I do think a lot of nicknames don't age well, but that's why I'm a huge fan of giving the child a longer name and using the nickname when they're young and then letting them change it when they see fit.

Quote Originally Posted by hayley88 View Post

Amber, Melissa, Lauren, Laura, Amy? Really? I know so many adults of various ages with these names, they all sound pretty adult to me...especially Laura and Melissa, I don't know any very young Lauras or Melissas
    Adriana Josephine,Alessandra Mary,Leah Susannah Claire,Mariana Abigail,Marisol Demetria,Caroline Michaela,Angelina Josephine,Susannah Loretta Fay,Leah Katarina,Eliza Cristina Joyce,Antonia Faith,Diana Jade,Audrina Rosemary,Sarah Guinevere,Catherine Ariadne, Jade Olivia *Nathaniel Malachi, Wesley Joseph,Gavin Daniel,Daniel Nico,Lewis Malcolm,Jared Levi,Jesse Levi,Connor Sebastian,Callum Wade,Keegan Jude,Quentin Dominic,Adam Elias,Calder Avery,Riley Shea,Adrian Daniel,Avery Shea,Joseph Dominic

Quote Originally Posted by jinxgirl View Post
    Amber, Melissa, Lauren, Laura, Amy? Really? I know so many adults of various ages with these names, they all sound pretty adult to me...especially Laura and Melissa, I don't know any very young Lauras or Melissas
    It's not so much that I know children with the names, I know young adults. None of whom are older than 23, so with the ones you quoted back to me...I can only imagine them being fairly young. But I suppose it depends on where you live, as to the age range attached to specific names.

I'm a Melissa, and I'm WAY older than 23! Along with Amy, Melissa was a hip name in the late 60's where I grew up in Texas. Come to think of it, I'm named after a great-grandmother whose father was a Confederate cavalryman, so it's a pretty old name. But anyway, this question of names that don't age well made me laugh because I was trying to imagine a little kid saying, "Grandma Brandi? Can I have a cookie?" LOL!