Names Searched Right Now:

Please weigh in on Britta

We are expecting our fourth child, a third girl, and would like a name to compliment our other daughters Audra Mae and Elsa Clare. (Our son is Silas Alan). Currently, our top contender is Britta Joyce. What do you think of this name? I'm not as in love with the middle name so other single syllable middle name suggestions would be appreciated. Also, if you hate Britta, please suggest some other two-syllable ending in -a girl names that are less common but easy to say, spell and pronounce. A tall order, I know! That's why we're having trouble. Thanks in advance for any input. =)

While I love both Elsa and Audra, Britta isn't really my style, it reminds me far too much of Brittany. How about...

Orla
    Ida
    Dora
    Nola
    Portia
    Vera
    Cora
    Tessa

Good luck!

I think Britta is neat and goes well with Audra, Elsa and Silas. Two words of caution though: britta filters.
    ~ "The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names" ~

today's favorites: Demetra, Celia, Cassandra and Arthur, Inigo, Roger.

Britta goes great with Elsa, Audra, and Silas. I did think of Britta filters, but maybe that's not something that bothers you. The first combo that popped into my mind was Britta Wren. I like it in writing, but it is kind of hard to say. Other ideas:

Britta Pearl
    Britta June
    Britta Grace
    Britta Lark
    Britta Kate
    Britta Fern
    Britta Eve
    Britta Sage
    Britta Gwen

You may want to peruse this list for middle name ideas: http://nameberry.com/list/385/One-Sy...ames-for-Girls

Other first name ideas:

Willa
    Alma
    Rena
    Della
    Lena
    Ida
    Veda
    Isla
    Greta
    Petra
    Celia