Names Searched Right Now:

Sibling for Miss Mabel Grey

My husband and I are at a loss of what to name our newest addition. Since we do not know the gender, it is making naming discussions rather difficult. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks.

Girl: Ruth Grey
    Boy: Alexander Grey
    That's all I can think of right now that go with Mabel. Is Grey the last name or Mabel's mn?

Mabel is lovely! Have noticed a couple of Mabel's around Nameberry. Is it a name on the rise or something?

Ruth goes beautifully with Mabel. Also:

Florence
    Ethel
    Esther
    Lucinda
    Thora
    Eleanor
    Henrietta
    Dorothy
    Jane
    Dora
    Daisy
    Poppy
    Jemima

Horace
    Bartleby
    Barnaby
    Wilfred
    Arthur
    George
    Vernon
    Hamish

Any of these your style?

I love Mabel! It's so vintage and classy. Okay.....here are some names that have the same type of feel as Mabel

Ruth
    Eleanor
    Flora
    Marietta
    Agatha
    Iris
    Harriet
    Ella
    Vera

Nicholas
    Bartholomew
    Alexander
    Charles
    Wilbur
    Quincy
    Otto
    Louis
    Alfred

Hope you like these!

Grey is her middle name. Our last name is a three syllable German name, which has been tricky too. Can you do a three syllable first with a three syllable last? Or is it too much name.

My husband accuses me of having too many naming rules. One is that I do not want to create any patterns in our names. (I was a middle child with 5 siblings who all had "S" names, terrible!) So names ending in 'el' are out.

Harriet, Eleanor, Ruth and Thora have been names that have popped up. For boys we go back and forth with Frederick, Theodore, Edward and Thomas. But again with my 'rules', I am not sure if a first name should end in a letter and the last name begin with the same letter. To me it sometimes sounds like one word.

I am not sure how I feel about one syllable first names, do any of you have a hard time matching them with middles?

Thanks for all the help.