Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Middle name/initials dilemma: Trying to avoid E.Z.

We've decided on the first name Eliza. We want to do Zinnia for the middle name. Our last name begins with K. At first I didn't think it was a big deal, but some people are telling me it is a big deal, so here I am. Are the initials EZ for a girl that bad? The other middle name I like is Lei (we live in Hawaii and I have a son named Kai). But I don't like E.L.K. either!

Should I do two middle names... Eliza Lei Zinnia? (But Lei means heavenly flower, and zinnia is a flower, so is that overkill?)

WDYT?

Or any other suggestions?

Hmm, I guess I can see where EZ wouldn't be the greatest initials to have, though I really think it'd matter more if it was your last name that started with a Z. It's not like you go around signing things with your first and middle initial; usually it's first and last obviously. However from a different standpoint, I don't really think Eliza sounds great with Zinnia as a mn. It's too much of the Z sound to me. With Lei, I think its a little heavy on the L sounds, but I do like Lei better. That would be my fav of your options; second would be the double mn, Eliza Lei Zinnia b/c at least it breaks up the Z sounds. I don't think there's anything wrong with ELK as initials. I think there are a lot of great name that could go with Eliza, but I'm not sure of your style. I like Eliza Claire, off the top of my head, but I'm guessing that's not really your style.

Eliza Zinnia is a lovely choice. I would avoid it if your surname began with a Z, but since the Z name is the middle name I don't think it's a big deal. How many people will know her full initials anyway?

I dont think EZ is that bad since its not the full name! Eliza Lei Zinna sounds nice but very heavy on the "l" and "z"
    Josephine Athénaïs - Josephine Ivy - Myriam Athénaïs - Vivienne Josephine
    Athena Beatrice - Beatrice Cecile - Eleanor Anne-Sophie -Myriam Beatrice - Meredith Elizabeth
    Ambrose Aristide - Ulysses Aristide

Girls: Bérangère, Bérénice, Honorine, Mazarine Boys: Augustin, Emeric, Hugo, Lambert, Lucien, Maxence, Yves

I agree that since Z is in the middle and not your surnames initials, I don't see much of a problem. Not a lot of people are going to know your daughters middle name.

I think Eliza Zinnia is very lovely.
    Mother, Hellenic Pagan Priestess, and Resident Greek name expert ^_^ Call me Dantea or Remy

http://covertocoverediting.webs.com/ -- Editing services available for cheap.

Proud Mama to:
    Persephone Elysia Willow -- June 5th 2013
    TTC #2 by Christmas 2014