Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    I LOVE SARAI! What a great, underused name! I don't, however, like Sinai for her sister. It's too close, both in sound and origin. My favorite from your list is Nia, followed by Amina. I don't care for Kayla- it sounds dated and common, especially next to the lovely and exotic Sarai. Some other suggestions you may like:
    Noa
    Aziza
    Tamar
    Maya
    Amalia
    Carmen
    Laila
    Good luck!

I love Nia and it keeps the N from Sinai which is good. I think that Sarai and Sinai the way you are pronouncing it are just too close. And just cause Sarai likes it now doesn't mean she always will. When I was little I loved matching outfits with my cousins, but once we were pre-teens we wanted individuality. I think it could end up the same with sisters and matching names.

Many thanks to everyone for the detailed feedback! Appreciate your reflections on the sounds, match-iness and historical significances of these names Thanks also for all the compliments on Sarai!! I have come to love it...as you can tell with us wanting to find a similar-sounding name.

I didn't reveal it at first, but NIA is actually DH's first choice. I like it, but am having a little bit of a hard time with its shortness. I love two-syllable names, but three letters is so short! Glad to hear that so many of you think Nia and Sarai make a good sibset.

I forgot to put it on the list before, but as mentioned by a couple posters, we are also considering LAILA or LAIA. Laia was a name we considered for Sarai, and it's still on the list.

Thanks again for the responses...it's great to get some more ideas!!
    Last edited by pinkabella; January 2nd, 2012 at 10:34 PM.

Thanks for this list We actually love Selah, and probably would've gone with that, but it's my DH's god-daughter's name!

Quote Originally Posted by mischa View Post
    Sinai has always been pronounced "SIGH-nye" to me so I think you would get a lot of mispronunciations if you want to pronounce it the way you do. Sarai and Sinai are way too matchy for siblings. From your list, I guess Nia would be the best option. Here are some other suggestions.

Atara
    Noa
    Azaria
    Naomi
    Selah
    Sanaa
    Isis
    Aviva
    Calla
    Cassia
    Imani
    Jasmine
    Larissa
    Malaika
    Rochelle
    Simone
    Zola
    Adina
    Dinah
    Keziah
    Shifra
    Tamar
    Tirzah
    Vashti
    Salome
    Xanthe
    Juno
    Arielle
    Adira
    Ziva
    Zira
    Naima
    Evadne
    Aida
    Ayla
    Thea
    Tovah
    Elora
    Sapphira
    Sidony
    Ione
    Clio

Good point!

Quote Originally Posted by taz View Post
    I love Nia and it keeps the N from Sinai which is good. I think that Sarai and Sinai the way you are pronouncing it are just too close. And just cause Sarai likes it now doesn't mean she always will. When I was little I loved matching outfits with my cousins, but once we were pre-teens we wanted individuality. I think it could end up the same with sisters and matching names.