Names Searched Right Now:

Sister for Avonlea

I love the name Avonlea (av-en-lee; av is like avenue), but I'm struggling to find names that sound good with it. Any suggestions? I tend to like romantic and girly sounding names.

Also, Cordelia is another favorite of mine, is this too much? For a person that does not have the Anne of Green Gables association it wouldn't be a big deal, but I'm just wondering if people were to hear both of these names together they would think it was weird or too themey or something. Would it make a difference if there were other children inbetween Avonlea and Cordelia?

Thanks in advance

It didn't strike me as strange, but I don't remember those books very well at all. I did read at least one of them though and it didn't stand out to me so I guess it wouldn't be that weird unless someone was a big enough fan of the series to remember it well. I don't know how popular the books are with young girls today. They were somewhat popular when I was growing up in the 90's.

Thanks for the response! I'm thinking that the books aren't as popular now so it could still be usable...

I would really love to hear if anyone has any suggestions for a sister!

I never read the books, even though my uncle got the whole set for me for Christmas one year (oops, haha)... I have heard that there was a Cordelia in those books, but beyond that, I never would have noticed it if you hadn't said something. I think Avonlea and Cordelia are lovely together!

I knew a family a few years ago who had four children (Spencer, Olivia, Matthew, and Jacob), and were expecting another girl. One of the names at the top of their list was Avonlea. I don't know if they went with it, but for some reason, that family still sticks with me. Even though Olivia and Avonlea are at the opposite end of the popularity scale, I think they're adorable together, and I like the literary association (for Olivia, I think of Olivia in Shakespeare's Twelfth Night straightaway). Maybe something else literary? I can't think of a lot right now, but my first idea was Aurelia (which, I have no clue if it's literary or not, lol, but I think it's cute with Avonlea!), followed by Araminta (again, not sure if it's literary, but it's cute with Avonlea! And the nns Ari and Minnie are pretty cute), and then Evangeline (which comes from Henry Wadsworth Longfellow's poem, Evangeline--which I've never read, but I've always wanted to!).

Other literary ideas:
    Celia/Rosalind (who were both in As You Like It, I believe)
    Elizabeth/Eliza/Lydia/Caroline/Jane/Mary/etc. (Pride and Prejudice)
    Elinor (from Sense and Sensibility)
    Anne (from Persuasion)
    Lucy/Susan/Susanna/etc. (from the Chronicles of Narnia)
    Cosette (Les Miserables--I think this would be a perfect fit with Avonlea!)
    Lucie (A Tale of Two Cities)
    Marguerite (The Scarlet Pimpernel)
    Emma (from the novel Emma)
    Jane (Jane Austen, the novel Jane Eyre)

etc.

I really like the idea of Avonlea and Olivia, Aurelia, Araminta, Cosette, or Evangeline!

Good luck!

Current faves for boys: Kieran Blake ♥ Judah Kyler ♥ Declan Micah ♥ Felix Anthony ♥ Rhys Brennan
    Current faves for girls: Arabella Quinn ♥ Lyra Charlotte ♥ Kara Penelope ♥ Jessamine Claire ♥ Maren Evanna
    I'd love some votes on my name list: http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9796308