Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    When I read the description I thought of Penelope (which you could do the nn Nell with too). Maybe Julia, Eleanor, Annaliese, Ruth, Lilah, Nora, Laurel, Sarai, Marielle, Eliza...
    Chloe is a great option too!
    Good luck!

As a novelist as well as baby name writer plus someone who lived for a long time in New York, I actually think a key element here is class and ethnicity. If you live in New York City and you're a teenager, that means your parents are either: 1. rich 2. artists or 3. poor. If they're poor, they're probably newcomers to this country, from Latin America, Russia, Asia, or the Caribbean, so the name would reflect that ethnicity. If they're artists, she's going to have a creative name like Phoebe or Ophelia. And if they're rich, she'll probably have either a conservative name like Caroline or Elizabeth or a sort of upwardly mobile (nouveau riche) name such as Parker.
    Pam Satran
    Nameberry

Quote Originally Posted by pam View Post
    As a novelist as well as baby name writer plus someone who lived for a long time in New York, I actually think a key element here is class and ethnicity. If you live in New York City and you're a teenager, that means your parents are either: 1. rich 2. artists or 3. poor. If they're poor, they're probably newcomers to this country, from Latin America, Russia, Asia, or the Caribbean, so the name would reflect that ethnicity. If they're artists, she's going to have a creative name like Phoebe or Ophelia. And if they're rich, she'll probably have either a conservative name like Caroline or Elizabeth or a sort of upwardly mobile (nouveau riche) name such as Parker.
    This is marvelous advice.

I like Chloe for your character, though. Or something like Cordelia, but she goes by Delia.
    Laurel - 21 - Aries - Slytherin - University of Toronto

My first thought after reading your first post was Esther. Pearl, Sydney, Dabney, Stella, Gemma, and Gwen also come to mind.