Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Angry Teenage girl in NYC

Hi Berries!*

Please help me name my character!*

She's sixteen and lives in New York City. She is a rather quiet girl but confident nonetheless. She's very humble and ambitious. She works very hard. She's extremely intelligent. She's feminine but often gawky due to her lack of coordination. Accordingly, she is very poor with sports and cannot dance. She is optimistic, patient, and a natural mother. Never likes to tread on the edge of danger. She has very high anxiety levels though and is usually paranoid. Also, she is very creative and loves a variety of art forms. She has very few friends, but they are all quite close. She has a difficult time making decisions, even the smallest ones.

Physically: She has curly dark hair a bit ways past her shoulders, brown eyes, and pale skin. She's 5'5". She wears a glasses a lot.

Ideas? Thank you! *

-Nicole

Note: I accidentally put that icon near the title, but now I can't get rid of it! Alas....

Hrm... I'd stick with a classic like Chloe, but with the gawkyness maybe one that's a little outdated? Or biblical...
    Some ideas:
    Fauna/Flora- femminine with clunky letterings. Flora is more outdated and stuffy than Fauna, imo, and I don't know if you want something like that.
    Appellation (Apple)- It's cute and fresh, but the mountains are strong but small. The nn makes me think of ambitions and smarts because of the teacher symbol aspect of it.
    Adieu- Looks classic and sounds awkward but is in reality fresh and new
    Ophelia- Shakespeare is always in style and traditional at the same time! The actual character it's taken from isn't too matching with your's though.
    Helen- A traditional name taken from lit (Iliad). I think it sounds more solid than your character though.

Were her parents religious? There are a bunch of good biblical names that would probably match her well.

-linguaphile-
    Boys: Oliver, Felix, Jude, Balthasaru "Ru"
    Girls: Amélie "Millie", Indigo "Indie", Peridot, Jane

I actually really like Chloe as a possibility. Maybe I exaggerated with the gawkiness? At least the character is constantly striving to be more graceful. I forgot to add also that she belongs to a rather upper middle class family and goes to private school. And she is not super religious, but religion does play a substantial importance in her life (she's Jewish). I really like the suggestion of Helen as well. Maybe Nell has a nickname? I like Ophelia as well.