Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

I'd like to start writing.

I want to start writing, but I think most of it is only to name characters. Is this a bad idea? I don't even know where to begin. I have great ideas for stories but they never look as good on paper.
    Anastasia, Tessa, Marina, Stella
    Connor, Rhett, Corbin, Grayson

I know exactly how you feel. I come up with wonderful names and stories that seem great in my head, but not so great on paper. I usually just make families with all the gorgeous names I wish I could use. If you do decide to write you'll have plenty of fans due to the naming world.

I also know what you mean! I've gone through many great projects with marvelous names, but I've never been able to see them through. The writing either doesn't look right, or suddenly are unappealing to me. But I think that it's good to develop your characters. My only advice for you is to develop your plot line just as much, and maybe you'll like what you see on paper much, much more. And don't be discouraged- that doesn't help, it just makes things worse!
    Best of luck to you!
    -Athena
    -Athena

Top Girls: Under Construction

Top Boys: Under Construction

I think that might be my problem...lack of plot. I like everyone to be happy, so there would be no problems in my story, which means no suspense.
    Anastasia, Tessa, Marina, Stella
    Connor, Rhett, Corbin, Grayson

That's totally understandable, I do that to. I want each character to get exactly what they want and be gloriously happy. But of course, as you said, there is no suspense or conflict. I think the best advice I've ever gotten, was from a rather brisk writer who said: "You cannot treat your characters as your children, they must have troubles. You can't coddle them, and you must remember that you are their creator. You are what decides their fate." I think it was something like that. Any way, I hope that helps.
    -Athena
    -Athena

Top Girls: Under Construction

Top Boys: Under Construction